Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Playing with wheels offsets.

I require a spare set of wheels for my race tyres, et 60 would be ideal but after a year or so of looking the closest I can get is a et 53.

What are thoughts on running a lower offset each side, I will essentially be widening my track a total of 20mm.

Would this be drastic or detrimental to handling or would increasing the track 1cm each corner do bugger all.

Thoughts.

Cheers.

Graham, the E30 race cars run et15 with the DCH wheels fron Chch, as opposed to the et24 which is the std basketweave. I haven't heard of any problems, and most don't even reckon there's any difference.

Thanks David, thats what I was looking for.

My only concern is increased torque steer being FWD and being built for the road not track but at only 10mm I don't think it will be drastic, if anything the increased steering feel will be a pay off.

The joys of building something different, if someone tells me to sell it and by a Honda/Mitsubishi/BMW again I will loose the plot.

Guest Simon*

The joys of building something different, if someone tells me to sell it and by a Honda/Mitsubishi/BMW again I will loose the plot.

Buy a subaru

:ph34r:

And here I was thinking Corolla's were dime a dozen :P

Have you taken into account the width of the wheel as well? Will you be using the same width? I take it the wheels you have found are the Ford Focus/Mondeo wheels

have some wheels off a e34 4wd that are about et50 someting

Well after a couple of weeks of research it turns out increasing track on my car 10-12mm will put a few things way out of wack, it’s no big deal on a RWD but quite detrimental to the way a powerful FWD with perfo hubs drives, especially for road rallies that I will be doing.

Thanks guys.

I now have racing parts sponsor who will have a set of wheels delivered to me in the offset I want.

If anyone wants proper race wheels in any spec you can imagine please let me know, pricing is very fair and the wheels are top notch being used by Australian Supercar, BTTC and WRC teams.

Google Teamdynamics.