Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

BMW M3 95 suspension question

This is probably a wrong section to post this thread in, but I would really like to hear a lot of opinions about this...

First question is wether the front control arms from non-m E36s are the same as the m3. And whether it is worth buying HD Meyley ones or M3 genuine BMW would be better?

Second question has anyone used uuc subframe bushes on their car? The uratheine ones.

Which bushes do you think would be better the AKG polyurathein ones or ucc uratheine ones.

What rate of the bushes (in terms of softest to hardest, or maybe even solid) is better on the subframe and why?

Now spring rate; how does it affect the ride and handling and which is better? I was advised to put 440lbs on the front 6" springs and 550lbs on the rear 6.5" springs.

I will really appreciate any contribution...

Thank you :)

Edited by swordfish

What will the car be used for?

What is your current setup?

'urethane' 'polyurethane'

What will the car be used for?

What is your current setup?

'urethane' 'polyurethane'

current setup: stock m3 suspension, swaybar bushes replaced and lower front control arm bushes replaced with genuine bmw parts... The car will be street driven mainly; and tracked a few times a year probably 3-5 times. Cheers

Both sets of subframe bushes will all most completely eliminate movement. The more stiff the more you'll feel the vibrations coming from the subframe. Like I said in your other thread there was a problem with one brand of bushes where the washer underneath would bend around the nut or bolt.

I take it that your going to some sort of adjustable height coilovers from the linear rate springs? Are you using the standard m3 shocks?

Both sets of subframe bushes will all most completely eliminate movement. The more stiff the more you'll feel the vibrations coming from the subframe. Like I said in your other thread there was a problem with one brand of bushes where the washer underneath would bend around the nut or bolt.

I take it that your going to some sort of adjustable height coilovers from the linear rate springs? Are you using the standard m3 shocks?

i am going to order full coilover set with koni adjustable shocks and eichbach springs...

In terms of bushes i will be going for softer version to allow some movement to eliminate understeer...

Softer bushes should not affect the understeer, it's the swaybars that do though.

What do you guys think about solid mounts for the differential?

solid as in metal?

I'll be trying alloy bushes in the ears of the diff and a delrin bushing in the front

I'll be trying alloy bushes in the ears of the diff and a delrin bushing in the front

Ive read a lot about it and apparently it might be really bad for your car unless you go solid all the way...

Something to do with the bushing absorbing some of the movement... There are lots of people who report them crack etc.

Edited by swordfish

Would you be able to post some links?

The most interesting thing I have searched for an hour so far haven't found anything bad about them apart from noise and extra vibration... I must have used different key words or something... But reading all of the threads today I got a different view on solids now... Don't know what to do now... Dam!!!!