Sign in to follow this  
joshaucks

o_O

you could've also used

Mclaren f1 1996

Asking price: $2800000

as your title..... hah,

looks mean, what was the "brand new" price for one of those????

put a rotor in it and some phat spinners yo, would rock then.....

put a rotor in it and some phat spinners yo, would rock then.....

bahahah ! !!!! 11 !! !11 1!

lol ... wonder if he does testdrives.

Guest Spargo

Hmmm, in 98 you could have had XP4 (the one that did 231mph at nardo) for a mere 2,000,000! I got a ride in it, I'll never forget it.

The car on trademe is road car number 42, VIN number 051. Produced in January.

One of only two left in the country :mosh:

3700K's is rediculous. That engine has practically sat for the last 9 years. I'd replace nearly all perishable items as a safety precaution. It hasn't even been run-in FFS!

I don't care what it is, 2.8 mill is just f**king stupid for a car.

I mean, think of what other super cars you can buy up to a total of 2.8, and then tell me you would rather spend the money on one. I know it is one rare bitch of a car, and it is damn fast, but c'mon that's just stupid.

Guest Spargo

Okay... It was originally conceived in 89, brought to market in 93... and in 2005, has only just been surpassed, velocity wise, by a car by the loosest stretch of the imagination.

It has a bespoke stereo, bespoke interior, a mechanic on 24 hr standby, a 1500 piece tool kit, driving aids banned from F1, such as active aerodynamics and semi active suspension.

It cost 2million NZ new, and there are less than 80 road cars.

Your not getting it yet? Seriously Bravo, do some reading. This isn't a car. This is total f**king Godhead.

My friend and I have a deal, that once either of us has 10million liquid, (not net worth) The one with the folding will buy two. One each.

im surprised they even bothered listing specs......i imagine potential buyers would know all about it anyway

On my list of top 10 cars ever.

It looks like Raj's old car.

Technology & style in one package. Primo.

Right up there with the Britten for a piece of design brilliance. B)

Okay... It was originally conceived in 89, brought to market in 93... and in 2005, has only just been surpassed, velocity wise, by a car by the loosest stretch of the imagination.

It has a bespoke stereo, bespoke interior, a mechanic on 24 hr standby, a 1500 piece tool kit, driving aids banned from F1, such as active aerodynamics and semi active suspension.

Your not getting it yet? Seriously Bravo, do some reading. This isn't a car. This is total f**king Godhead.

My friend and I have a deal, that once either of us has 10million liquid, (not net worth) The one with the folding will buy two. One each.

I know and I don't care.

I will never convince fans otherwise, but a car like this at that price is plain lunacy UNLESS you have every other toy you desire, and believe me, there are very few people in the world with the wealth I would require where I had everything in my want list that falls higher up than a maclaren f1. And by few I would say around 100-150.

I understand it is very f**king cool, but it's not that cool.

But as I've already said, I'll never convince you otherwise, so good luck on the 10 mill and I hope you get one (I do, no sarcasm whatsoever).

If you do get one, I give you permission to gloat and I definitely give you permission to let me have a play. lol I smell a Tui slogan.

Understandable why it's low milage, 6.1 V12...what's the MPG of that sucker, 5 MPG???

Does it come with the trophy wife aswell???

Guest Andrew

I don't care what it is, 2.8 mill is just f**king stupid for a car.

I mean, think of what other super cars you can buy up to a total of 2.8, and then tell me you would rather spend the money on one. I know it is one rare bitch of a car, and it is damn fast, but c'mon that's just stupid.

f**k yeah .. 2.8 m on an e30 would be TOTALLY BADASS!

I know what i'd do .. buy an new M5 - hire some engineers to put the e30 body on it. BADASS. hah

Well heres my 2c

Where would you use this God like creature? Who would you race? and why spend 2 million dollars on one f***ing car.You could buy just about the whole BMW collection from 1960 as in not every car (316 318 320 etc, but like a 325 from e30 m3 , a 328 from E36, m3 from e36 etc etc, right up to now,with some exceptions.

I would not buy it.

would you rather have a whole bmw collection or a mclaren f1?

its not about practicality. or sense

just speed

I would have to agree that if someone is wealthy enough to purchase this car then they would probably afford lots of bmw's and other exotic cars anyway ... they could probably buy the F1 without even thinking about it ... but then again if they could buy it they would probably want ta brand new one anyway ...

I don't think it's an issue of a collection of BMW's or a McLaren. Personally, I'd take the Mac and drive a Civic as my daily driver.

I used to buy cars and couldn't be arsed selling them, so you end up with a collection of nice cars (and bikes) you never really enjoy.

It's like a job. "Do a job you love, never work a day in your life"

The cost is irrelevant if you get the enjoyment from it. I loved my Morrie, Imp, and Torana (to list some of my original cars) and they all have massive flaws. But sh*t, they each had great points. :D

Post edit: Raj (who owned the McLaren, drove a VW Beetle around as his normal car).

Edited by cainchapman

id rock that with a broomstick

WTF 3700km's....what was the point of buying it ?

Never mind a daily driver, Id be rocking up to work in it. A car is for driving, I cant understand why anyone would want to buy a car to sit in a garage.

Saw a Top Gear episode the other day that talked about the Merc gull wing. Now Ive never been a fan of merc's but that car is gorgeous and to think there was one at Southwards when we were there that was sat infront of an open doorway.

Its criminal to have something like that not on the road :(

word... have to daily that!!!! hah, i,agine the looks you would get with gravel spray all up the sides, awesome

Guest Spargo

I'm with Cain on this. Mac F1 weekend car, civic or some other shitbox daily.

It would have stone chips. But mine would have a load of rubber stuck in the wheel arches, that's for sure! :lol:

The other downside to your collection Gus is the rego, warrant and insurance of a fleet of cars. It's bloody expensive.