Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Hero HZ1 Tyres?

Hi guys

Some wheels I'm looking at buying can come on tyres and the tyres they come with are Hero HZ1s.

the tyres we fit to them standard are 235/40R18 Hero HZ1 and 265/35R18 Hero HZ1

I read a review and it seems mediocre but if you guys have any opinions and whether or not I should just get my own tyres?

Considering I've never heard of them, I would assume they are Chinese generic stuff made to a cost.

Just replace them with quality ones that work properly in situations where you need the grip.

Also chances are they probably ride rough and aren't properly balanced because of how they are made, makes for less than pleasant motorway drives.

Yeah that's what I was thinking so I'll probably buy my own tyres if I get these wheels.

First person I would contact would be Jono (zenetti) for any advice about tyres.

I have these on my car, came with the 17's I got of APT, I actually really like em! They're pretty quiet, and grip really well in the dry (havent really drivin them in the wet so cant say)

Most chinese tyres seem to be made of hard black plastic instead of rubber. Aparently Federal tyres has a hand in hero.

In all honesty, id drive on em till they crap out and then think about replacing with name brand. I think you'll be surprised about how good they are.

China is definetly getting better at making stuff properly. Chinese rubbish bashing a few years ago was justified, but theyre lifting their game with lots of stuff recently.

Edited by Jacko

Its a totally baseless "consumer" test: no science , no objectivity, no measurements = total crap.

So no different to a bloke saying "Yeah I run these tyres and they are sweet as mate".

Its a totally baseless "consumer" test: no science , no objectivity, no measurements = total crap.

So, no different from any other tyre test then.

Geez- about the 4th one down (in German) says they're good in the rain and 250kph (hopefully not at the same time). He's brave.