Sign in to follow this  
briancol

VW's Transparent Factory

no wonder it costs so much in bloody labour to fix those things...what kind of mechanic has that kind of equipment? haha

I'm happy with my E28 thanks. 2 screws hold everything!

That's unreal. They are relatively un-popular here obviously compared to Germany.

holy ___ thats insane, seeing how they put the entire drivetrain in all at once is nuts.

holy ___ thats insane, seeing how they put the entire drivetrain in all at once is nuts.

Not wrong, add to that the computer knows when every bolt has been fitted & torqued

That's unreal. They are relatively un-popular here obviously compared to Germany.

Not a bad assembly plant, but not the best by a long shot. It seems to be trying to sell the process as something special, but it's underneath all the bling it's no different to any automated line in the world. For the price of the Phaeton I would have thought they would have gone more for a hand-built angle. As getting the customer to build their own car - what a great marketing ploy!!

Unfortunately the Phaeton has been a big flop for VW and has cost them a lot of money - wrong car at the wrong time i'm afraid.

Not a bad assembly plant, but not the best by a long shot. It seems to be trying to sell the process as something special, but it's underneath all the bling it's no different to any automated line in the world. For the price of the Phaeton I would have thought they would have gone more for a hand-built angle. As getting the customer to build their own car - what a great marketing ploy!!

Unfortunately the Phaeton has been a big flop for VW and has cost them a lot of money - wrong car at the wrong time i'm afraid.

They're trying to enter into a market which is already home & hosed by the S Class and the 7 Series. Awesome choice of engines in that VW though.

They're trying to enter into a market which is already home & hosed by the S Class and the 7 Series. Awesome choice of engines in that VW though.

i think they even trying to top that...bentley and rolls

I saw a Phaeton a month ago, they are like a huge Passat/Audi S8. Distinctive, but only to someone that knows that they are.

Anyone with the money to buy a large saloon is going to go for a Merc, BMW, Jag or Audi first though.

sh*t man we were doing that back in the 70's. Was a bit easier then but we still did it like that.