Sign in to follow this  
Heino

Sub and amp Install

Yea mine is Non DSP also, Using BMW professional gear but the amp is already missing from my trunk so might be a bit more of a mission running stuff up to the headunit. Im keen to give this a go.. I still dont want a sub in my trunk though so maybe I just got to live with it and get one...

At what point is it recomended that one starts running a Cap in the setup?

In a word, NEVER

One thing to note for e39 owners is the bass is severly muffled unless you have a ski pass.

Some fitment guides that might help others looking at doing this:

With dsp:

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product-...Sedan_97-03.pdf

Without dsp:

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product-...9_-_Non-DSP.pdf

In a word, NEVER

One thing to note for e39 owners is the bass is severly muffled unless you have a ski pass.

I have ski pass and folding seats :D

i can see how not having either of these would be an issue tho ... there is alot of foam noise deadening in there.

Hi Guys/Heino

I'm looking to do the same setup but I had a couple of questions..

1. How does the sound system sound after you installed the sub and amp. Do you get any distortion or is it a clean sounding system. I went to rapid radio and they said it maybe best to replace the entire system....I dont really like touching the current setup as the speakers on a E46 m3 are installed differently so i would need to drill holes in the door (and I'm not a fan at all)

2. I'm assuming your setup is that you have just the front speakers and the sub going through the sub?

I really want a better sound system as my BMW doesn't have the harman/kardon setup :(

Thanks in advance guys....

For something like an M3 i would be going somewhere like rapid radio to get a a proper setup done.

Thanks for the reply Matt. After doing some further research I found out exactly what I want to do. But as you stated I will need to see the guys at rapid to get the proper install done....:)

Speaker set up in a M3 is the same as 318ci.

Im looking at installing all my gear into our E46 CI, I just wish there was a aftermarket deck that would fit the E46 nicely.

Im looking at installing all my gear into our E46 CI, I just wish there was a aftermarket deck that would fit the E46 nicely.

You can get the inserts that fit the aftermarket stereos, just got to shop around to find a tidy unit without disco lights etc.

There are a couple that I found but they are dvd/cd/mp3/nav man etc player. However they are all plug and play and cost around the $800 mark. In saying this if you slip a cd player in your car and want the steering controls to work, your looking at an extra $300 on top so kinda makes sense to get the dvd/cd/mp3/nav unit.

Just be very careful with your electronics on your new car Heino. I would also advise upgrading the battery as well.

Hey glenn, any particular battery or model would you recommend as an upgrade from factory ? I've found my new battery to run low waay to fast for my liking.

*edit* apologies for the threat hijack

Edited by M5V8

Hey glenn, any particular battery or model would you recommend as an upgrade from factory ? I've found my new battery to run low waay to fast for my liking.

*edit* apologies for the threat hijack

upgrade??? I would think you cant do much better than factory (ratings wise)?I have had hella batteries in the e34.I just got a din 75......so its a 75 amp hour which is what the actual spec for the car.A lot of batteries places recomend much lower ratings ,same size actual battery casing but lower ratings i guess to keep the price down.The last place i used was in thorndon quay same place as the 4wd place.I can leave the parking lights on all day......