Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 320i Exhuast Manifold nuts

After the car was up on the hoist we noticed 3-4 nuts missing from the exhaust manifold ( I think its called that ), looks like a bitch to reach but Im pretty sure its whats causing that horrid sound from the engine.

Anyone got some =)

After the car was up on the hoist we noticed 3-4 nuts missing from the exhaust manifold ( I think its called that ), looks like a bitch to reach but Im pretty sure its whats causing that horrid sound from the engine.

Anyone got some =)

Taake one off, and take it into your local supercheap. Pay $6. Problem solved.

Take one to your local bolt shop ;)

seriously Jack best to get the proper ones from BMW. I think they're copper and will be better suited than ones you might get from SCA or Repco. Cant remember how much I paid but if you have the money replace the studs at the same time, you'll thank me when you decide to remove the manifold next time.

seriously Jack best to get the proper ones from BMW. I think they're copper and will be better suited than ones you might get from SCA or Repco. Cant remember how much I paid but if you have the money replace the studs at the same time, you'll thank me when you decide to remove the manifold next time.

^^^^ This man is right, they are a different composition to the stud to help avoid siezing

I've got a full set of brand new BMW ones for a M20, think i have a few brand new exhaust studs too.

You can have them for free, I was once in your shoes too.

PM me your address.

Edited by Brams

^^ Nice one Nath, top fella!

Got any other stuff lying around you want to give away :P ??