Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

My BMW has gone to heaven :'(

Hey guys,

Just need to know if anyone can help me here?

I wrote my baby off almost two weeks ago (I cried myself to sleep 3 nights in a row) I have just received my settlement amount (haven't signed for it yet) I feel that my car is worth a wee bit more then the insurance company.

Would anyone be able to give me a written valuation? Most of you would be in my kind of mind frame as we all LOVE BMW!

My baby's details:

1994, 325i coupe, manual, with dove grey leather interior (no rips, however the leather had a couple cracks in it and wear marks) I had lowered it on koni shocks and springs, with 19 inch wheels, and the tyres were only 6months old. The exterior had an M3 spoiler, and a motorsport front bumper with the black lip on the bottom, factory style clear front indicators, and tail lights oh and tinted windows.

The car was a beautiful dark purple colour, looked black in certain light.

Please help me, my one wish this christmas is to be able to have my car back, or something absolutely similar!

post-180-1292534735.jpg

Sorry to hear that Shantelle! I'm sure one of the dealer/guys in the industry on here can give you a valuation.

Good luck.

Shantelle, PM me your phone number and I will organise a valuation for you to use with the Insurance company.

Or you could meet me at Fibbers this afternoon.

also if you have somewhere to wreck it might be worth buying it back off the insurance company ... they would probably sell it for about 1k if its good condition and the crash didnt totally destroy it you could easily make a profit and then have a disposal company come get whats left (ushally for free).

I have thought about this, I have a garage at home, and was thinking that I could do this over the Christmas break, the damage was all frontal, so would depend on what the insurance company wants for it. Also destroyed the left fron mag and most likely the left front shock

also if you have somewhere to wreck it might be worth buying it back off the insurance company ... they would probably sell it for about 1k if its good condition and the crash didnt totally destroy it you could easily make a profit and then have a disposal company come get whats left (ushally for free).

what are they offering?

has anything been pushed back into the engine?

if the leather interior is reasonable theres 500bux right there ... adds up pretty quick.

I couldn't really bear to look at my baby in that state for too long, bought tears to my eyes.. But I don't think it pushed anything back into the engine, the radiator didn't leak at the accident site or anything, the car ended up up the kerb which smashed the wheel and in a powerpole, which was on the outside of the front chassis rail, so it wrecked the front bumper, grille pannel, left front headlight, the spotlights popped out as did the indicators on both sides, the bonnet is bent and the left front guard is squashed and pushed back, from memory the passanger door didn't get pushed back far at all - still opened and closed fine, didn't look closely at the alignment of it

The manual gear box would sell for pretty good coin too i would imagine, being a 6cyl one. The interior, wasn't immaculate, possibly sellable, but personally I wouldn't buy it. Well unless I got a really good deal for it!

The engine had done high km's but Beemers go forever and ever (almost) and the engine had no issues, it used a lil bit of oil, and smoked a wee bit, but thats expected from a car that has done 208,000km

Boy I loved that car!

has anything been pushed back into the engine?

if the leather interior is reasonable theres 500bux right there ... adds up pretty quick.

The problem with BMW's is that the market has such huge variences in it.. They offered 5,800 for it, but my excess is 700 which sucks, however, with a bit of luck they stuffed that up.. (I was under the impression that my excess was $450) Plus because I noted on my policy that i had a stereo system in there they took $1000 off the claim, but the stereo isn't worth that much, so will have to see what I can do there, maybe just give it back to them!

I would have thought the car was worth around the $6500 mark...

what are they offering?

The problem with BMW's is that the market has such huge variences in it.. They offered 5,800 for it, but my excess is 700 which sucks, however, with a bit of luck they stuffed that up.. (I was under the impression that my excess was $450) Plus because I noted on my policy that i had a stereo system in there they took $1000 off the claim, but the stereo isn't worth that much, so will have to see what I can do there, maybe just give it back to them!

I would have thought the car was worth around the $6500 mark...

tbh i would say that is an ok payout for a 208k car.

I'd be happy with 5.8k, I would have happily paid around that much for the car, going by that first picture. You could almost get a nice 328 manual coupe for 6500 now. Sorry about the loss of your car, was a sexy looking beast

Cool thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off :)

Check with them why they want to take $1000 off the claim because of the stereo - I would agree with this if you car was broken into and stolen as a new head unit would increase the (insurer) risk for theft/conversion but it wouldn't increase the risk of you having a crash.

Given you crashed the car the fact of having a new stereo in your car should be irrelevant in terms of your claim.

Maybe something to bring up with them. They should take this into account.

Let me know how you get on. Interested to her back.

Laurence

Maybe see if you are allowedto take your audio gear out of the car and then put back some factory stuff back in? I was allow to do that when I wrote my e36 off few years ago.

Yea I thought it was quite weird! Will have a chat to them on Monday.

Check with them why they want to take $1000 off the claim because of the stereo - I would agree with this if you car was broken into and stolen as a new head unit would increase the (insurer) risk for theft/conversion but it wouldn't increase the risk of you having a crash.

Given you crashed the car the fact of having a new stereo in your car should be irrelevant in terms of your claim.

Maybe something to bring up with them. They should take this into account.

Let me know how you get on. Interested to her back.

Laurence

A good idea would be too find out how much they were quoted to repair it!

I have experienced a few times, that the insurance co's quote to repair it is only a few hundred $$ less than the full write off quote and by taking the quoted cost to repair it. Keeping the car then flicking it off seperately. is a much better deal than the write off offer.

This happened on my WRX STI and i ended up making about 4k more then my insurance co offered by parting it out.

Just an idea!?

I spoke to them, have sent them my signed papers, but I am waiting for them to get back to me with a salvage price.

Hopefully hear back tomorrow..

Otherwise, may just have to let her go, its getting way to close to Christmas and I need the money to find a car over xmas if I don't get the wreck back.

how did you get on today with insurance company??

Laurence

My baby is coming home for Christmas (well hopefully for Christmas!) :D

I was going to say get Rex to bring you over something nice. But now you can just swap all the gear over into something else and save some money.

Yea I could have bought something in i guess, but last time it cost me too much lol..

may look in to an e39 to tow the boat.

I was going to say get Rex to bring you over something nice. But now you can just swap all the gear over into something else and save some money.

Yeah I got an E39 to tow the race car. Not the best of tow cars to be honest. Plenty of power. Not the right suspention for it. Especially if you lower it. Have replaced all my shocks and every arm in the back in just 1.5 years. Is Rex still bringing in cars?

Yeah I got an E39 to tow the race car. Not the best of tow cars to be honest. Plenty of power. Not the right suspention for it. Especially if you lower it. Have replaced all my shocks and every arm in the back in just 1.5 years. Is Rex still bringing in cars?

don't you have a AMG Merc