Sign in to follow this  
BMRBOI

HELP! im screwed!

Hi guys

Putting my e36 325i rear end back together, i ordered the front diff carrier bush from bmw last week (part # 33171134871).

I now find out that it is ex Germany and a 2 week wait, i need the car back on the road by next Wednesday.

What should i do? I have already removed the bush and its pretty munted.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Cheers Niroy

post-1183-1294260105.jpg

Hi Glenn, I ordered that bush from a bmw dealer and they told me that there is none in NZ. Was wondering do you think that i could get someone to remove a bush from a 2nd hand subframe? least that way the car can be put back together untill the new bush comes. I didnt have the correct removal tool but someone who does should be able to take it out without breaking it?

None of my suppliers can help ATM.. nothing at BMW NZ

Maybe a little tight, but could you Fed-Ex part ex Germany or USA ?

I have got parts ex USA by DHL or FedEx or EMS in 2-3 days

Will not be cheap though ..... :o

Haha yeah i guess i could mate, I wouldnt know where to start with getting parts from over seas. Apart from Pelican parts lol

Maybe a little tight, but could you Fed-Ex part ex Germany or USA ?

I have got parts ex USA by DHL or FedEx or EMS in 2-3 days

Will not be cheap though ..... :o

Hi Glenn, I ordered that bush from a bmw dealer and they told me that there is none in NZ. Was wondering do you think that i could get someone to remove a bush from a 2nd hand subframe? least that way the car can be put back together untill the new bush comes. I didnt have the correct removal tool but someone who does should be able to take it out without breaking it?

They are press in type..use once only. 2nd hand no good unless you buy the whole frame with a good bush in it.

What about that epoxy polyurethaney stuff. Cant remember the trade name but you essentially make your own bush using it. Ive never used it but a mate has and says it cool stuff.

Edited by Jacko

Have you tried Kerry @ Mosen - best to pm him as they're off til 17th I think. He may have some Delrin stuff.

Oh darn! maybe ill try ray.

They are press in type..use once only. 2nd hand no good unless you buy the whole frame with a good bush in it.

Sounds like a good idea, where does it come from?

Does that mean i have to make a mould etc?

What about that epoxy polyurethaney stuff. Cant remember the trade name but you essentially make your own bush using it. Ive never used it but a mate has and says it cool stuff.

Ill give him a buzz thanks

Have you tried Kerry @ Mosen - best to pm him as they're off til 17th I think. He may have some Delrin stuff.

Sorry i don't know what these bushes look like, but could you get an engineering company to make some custom ones? i have had bushed made for other cars before...just an idea!!

Im pretty sure autolign make custom urathane/ nolothane bushes. saw it on preformance car tv :D . could try giving them a call

Guess what guys, just got a call from the bmw dealer saying that the bushes arrived this morning.

Way to freak me out!

Thanks for the input from all of you.

Cheers Niroy

Guess what guys, just got a call from the bmw dealer saying that the bushes arrived this morning.

Way to freak me out!

Thanks for the input from all of you.

Cheers Niroy

for ex U.S try baverian auto sport,check there website they are prity helpful

for ex U.S try baverian auto sport,check there website they are prity helpful

I would make a solid one from alloy or whatever i had lying around