Sign in to follow this  
htra024

mechanical warranties

Bros,

I wonder it is worth to buy Mechanical Warranties offered by car dealer for fresh import?

Should i go ahead for 1 year or 3 years as I plan to drive the car long.

Ta

K.

If you get one of those, it means the car has to be serviced by a specific shop, you can't do it yourself.

I also recall the car has to be stock, but I maybe wrong on that.

Check the fine print too, I had one on my skyline and it turned out to be a bad joke of a warranty, cant remember exactly what they charged me for but a rooted gearbox, under warranty, cost me $600. Lumley might have been the warranty provider?

Autosure, lumley, vero are the good ones.

Worth Getting if your getting a bmw of reasonable value.

all warranty's have excesses.

Some EG. Autosure exclude 7 series, m3/m5/m6 cars.

Dont touch the small companys eg. jensens they arnt worth the paper they are printed on.

Both Glenn and BMWorkshop can do stuff for autosure.

I have used lumley on both of mine and are worth every dime. Never had a single problem with lumley getting things done. As long as the car is serviced by every km's as per spec'ed in the policy.

Edited by M-Spec

I was quite lucky with my warranty and I got it with no excess (I think they actually stuffed that up because the standard policy document says it should have an excess for BMW's)

my car overheated and that one claim was worth more than the warranty cost

well worth it, but like mentioned above, you have to have an authorised workshop doing regular maintenance and the car must be kept fully stock

Purchased one for my S class as everyone told me how high maintenance it is, I've owned it for 2 years so far - haven't claimed once on it. Excess is $350, so haven't really had anything costing more than $350 in one go. Maximum claim is $5000 (from memory). I guess it depends on the car you buy, I'm thinking I won't get it again.

Which warranty company are you with? So far what I've seen that a lot of them don't want to insure S-classes, AMGs etc.

Which warranty company are you with? So far what I've seen that a lot of them don't want to insure S-classes, AMGs etc.

Am with Autosure, they cover S class mercs. Looks like 7 series are more of a problem to get cover for. I haven't come across anyone that covers them yet, I've just purchased one and I'm still unsure on whether I want to get it insured.

Am with Autosure, they cover S class mercs. Looks like 7 series are more of a problem to get cover for. I haven't come across anyone that covers them yet, I've just purchased one and I'm still unsure on whether I want to get it insured.

Wonder why. They should have the same complexity, apart from the dreaded iDrive.