Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 Race Car

Well the time has come, selling the racecar to pay for another project that suits me better at this stage.

Few people have approached me about selling it and some of the "talk" offers have been good and its a lot of money for me that I can put to a more productive cause.

I'm only 16 and I've realized I don't want all my money invested in a race car that will get limited use as it's expensive for me to run.

Really selling as I have seen another car that I really like and have got some fun plans for it, and is cheaper. Need to pay off some things that are annoying me every month ( monthly payments ).

I'm only 16 and I've realized I don't want all my money invested in a race car that will get limited use as it's expensive for me to run.

I'm going to go about a car more like Josh "Hybrid" has done with his E30. A weekend E30 that kicks arse round a track. Except Ill use it all time. Suits me much more, I can still have fun at the track.

Anyway =)

87 Pre-Facelift 320i

X2 Jamex Seats and Harnesses.

Race Series spec wheels and road tires along with 2 used series semi slicks.

Round $1500 worth of Panel Work done to it.

New Dash Board fitted.

Race series springs.

Aftermarket shocks.

Big arse radiator.

Fulling Homologated with a logbook.

Expensive Rollcage done by Chris at CageFX.

OMP Deep Dish Steering wheel.

325i Front Calipers and vented rotors with plenty of pad left with drums on the back.

Engine is running fine, down on power a bit but just needs a good tune.

A complete novice driver to the track and driving a manual ( myself ) Got round hampton in a 1:36.1 timed by a iPhone so not really accurate to the tenth of a second but close enough.

Custom exhaust system that isn't the best at the moment, just needs a little bit of work.

I'm after $8000 for it, which a few guys have said is very reasonable as it only needs a WOF, series shocks, 4:1 diff and 2 more tires to race in the E30 Series.

Considering also theres a coupe on trademe with no where near the work this one has had for 4500 =)

Any questions just PM me or post below. Test Drives welcome round the block.

post-5250-1294633492.jpg

Edited by Young Jack

Jack

A quick bit of advice for your advert (on Trade Me).

Accentuate the positive (i.e have all the good points about the car listed first), then outline any faults.

If I were to read it for the first time, and the first thing I read is that it has a custom exhaust system that doesn't work too well, I would be somewhat put off, and read the rest of the advert with a negative taste in my mouth.

If I were you, I'd still mention this, but only after you have pointed out all of the good points (and your car has many very good points).

Just my thought anyway. Best of luck with the sale.

I personally think you are making the best decision, as unless you had good financial means or backing, having a dedicated race car would be difficult to operate as a 16 year old with limited financial resources. It would be sad to see it parked up for 95% of the time because you were unable to keep it running at the level required for racing.

Having a more road biased car, that can be used on the track sounds like a good plan.

Thanks Grant. Changed it round like you advised. Yea Road/track car is much better for me.

Some bugger pressed buy now on a Mint 320i hours before I planned to, but I'm after a nice 325i now =D

And Heath.... HELL NO

Edited by Young Jack

It's all right Heath, I think it's kind of cute. ;)

You guys need to drive one, they are amazing. I'm thinking very seriously about one.

GLWS Jack I think you are doing the right thing, although it would be badass rocking up to school every dayin a caged racecar.

GLWS Jack I think you are doing the right thing, although it would be badass rocking up to school every dayin a caged racecar.

Haha yea thats what I thought. But I want this gone so I can buy John's M50 E30 in time for the anniversary meet =) Just seen the thing and love it =) It'll be just as cool to rock up in =)

192 at the wheels factory vs 11x from the e30 =DDDD POWERRRR MEANS EVERYTHING

Edited by Young Jack

^That'll be 192 at the flywheel.

And that's on a new engine. ;)

buy this .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=337188427

a few small mods and they are ready for the track .

and i think this one has the dog leg close ratio box .

std 218HP 160kw 310Nm .

0-100 about 7sec but that can be improved

capable of doing 9L per 100km in petrol etc

factory lsd , bilsteins etc etc

Looks like a nice example Brent, but the gear lever looks like std overdrive box?

Looks like a nice example Brent, but the gear lever looks like std overdrive box?

i have sold bits to the guy how owns it over the years.

pretty sure it was a dog leg box but could be wrong.

uk import , no ac , guy lives in tauranga and comutes to glenbrook steel mill for work (stays up here than drives back when off work)etc

i think he's a bit off on the price but if the engine has had a bit of work then could be ok

$7500 TAKES IT. 021 997 661 TO VIEW OR ANY QUESTIONS

EDIT FOR ASHKAN: Lowered price as there is a finished E30 for 11k on Trademe and realized Im not going to get every cent I put into it back.

post-5250-1294798525.jpg

post-5250-1294798546.jpg

Edited by Young Jack

Dont rush into selling it, it's only been 2 days and you have dropped your price. Just be patient and someone will come along.

Dont rush into selling it, it's only been 2 days and you have dropped your price. Just be patient and someone will come along.

This.

Don't ever seem desperate, to buy, and to sell.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...112&ed=true

ADDED LOTS LOTS MORE PHOTOS OF THE CAR

For 2350$ I can get the buyer all the necessary parts to get it in the series this includes complete new race exhaust off car 86, 20mil sway bar, few WOF things round $220 worth, includes the rare 4:1 Diff, Hi Velocity Dyno Tune, full set of worn R888's and used set of Race series Koni's.

BUYER NEEDS TO ARRANGE THIS WITH ME AND I WILL GET ALL THE PARTS TO YOU ALONG WITH BOOKING YOU IN WITH YOUR TUNE WITH GAVIN.

$2350 excludes REGO, WOF and Authority Card fees, Required WOF bits were stated by John Lovich Motors after an inspection and may change as you vary from WOF tester.

Also round $100 of rust to have done before a WOF can be obtained.

This is a awesome deal, means you will have a E30 Series car built for under 10,000$ when many others spend round 15-20000 on there cars. You will not find the following parts for your E30 car this cheap espically the diff as its hard to come by.

$7500! + the $2350 if you want the parts and services listed above.

Edited by Young Jack