Sign in to follow this  
nickchin1308

E39 TV in Motion

Hey guys, I got the 4:3 TV setup in the E39 and I know this is may be a bad idea to some however I would like to know how can I get my TV to work whilst moving?

Do I need a separate interface to plug in (?) or is it just a simple DIY job? :huh:

Cheers

Nick

Hey guys, I got the 4:3 TV setup in the E39 and I know this is may be a bad idea to some however I would like to know how can I get my TV to work whilst moving?

Do I need a separate interface to plug in (?) or is it just a simple DIY job? :huh:

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

PM me

Cheers

Grant

Cheers

Nick

Depending on the age of the car, it is either a button press to enable tv in motion, or you have to do it with programming.

Depending on the age of the car, it is either a button press to enable tv in motion, or you have to do it with programming.

Its a 02/98 model. Hotwire has informed me that pre 09/98 models are programmable via buttons. I am still trying to look for that combination of buttons right now through Google however not much luck atm :huh:

Edited by molehole1308

Its a 02/98 model. Hotwire has informed me that pre 09/98 models are programmable via buttons. I am still trying to look for that combination of buttons right now through Google however not much luck atm :huh:

First result when googling:

http://www.google.ch/search?q=e39+button+s...;hl=en&sa=2

Be interested if it works, didn't work on my Jap 528i built 11/99 which has 4:3 TV without nav.

Great spec in these cars, pity it costs hundreds on the Jap ones just to get bloody radio reception :angry:

Be interested if it works, didn't work on my Jap 528i built 11/99 which has 4:3 TV without nav.

Great spec in these cars, pity it costs hundreds on the Jap ones just to get bloody radio reception :angry:

It's cheaper than a full retrofit on an NZ new car :P

Yours should be able to be done with NavCoder, hotwire/jochen can probably confirm.

Edited by Matt45

OBDII cable or Resler interface from german to your cars IBUS (internal BUS)

It can recode your LCM, NAV, TV and other functions.

OBDII cable or Resler interface from german to your cars IBUS (internal BUS)

It can recode your LCM, NAV, TV and other functions.

Hi Hybrid

So do you just connect the OBD11 Cable directly to the computer with no other interface... didnt get you there.