Sign in to follow this  
raewyn22

New Member! :)

Hey guys, joined a few months ago! However only just finally sat down and learnt how to drive this site! Currently

drive a 318i 1990 Silver standard auto! Will be upgrading soon to something that I can work on and will hopefully be an awesome ride after modifying it a bit. Great plans for it, but one step at a time! I have a great passion for cars, and I see a lot of mint looking rides on this site! Will be looking to get into the mechanical side real soon, and would like to know if any one has any tips on this? Thanks, and will be looking forward to seeing the Bimmersport members at the future meets!

post-6517-1295081681.jpg

Taken on scenic dr.

post-6517-1295949597.jpg

Edited by Raerae

Wow small world. I remember looking at your 1990 318i a month ago.

Nice new e30, I love the look of them, got a colour pic?

Thanks! Here's a colour pic attached.. sorry I took so long to get it!

post-6517-1297483816.jpg

Very nice. Got any plans for it? Rims, lower etc? Or just leave as is?

Thanks, getting it lowered very soon, by HELLBM. Might get some rims, or might make it manual. Just have to make the time! Work in progress. :)

Thanks, getting it lowered very soon, by HELLBM. Might get some rims, or might make it manual. Just have to make the time! Work in progress. :)

Manual it!!! :ph34r:

Soo worth it, they are awesome fun in manual! Especially lowered, with decent shocks, on a nice set of twistys :ph34r:

Haha yeah, always wanted a manual!! Have a month to think about it, but I'm thinking manual is the way to go! Auto can be a boring most of the time! B)

Haha yeah, always wanted a manual!! Have a month to think about it, but I'm thinking manual is the way to go! Auto can be a boring most of the time! B)

If you always wanted it then it's an easy choice right? Besides which, rims just make it look pretty, a manual box makes a real difference :D

(Although everyone loves a good looking E30 ;))

Yeah, trouble is I have to start driving through rush hour soon, so making me rethink, mind you could be some fun with that! HELLBM is lowering it for me on H&R springs tomorrow, so will chuck some pictures up as we go! B)

Yeah, trouble is I have to start driving through rush hour soon, so making me rethink, mind you could be some fun with that! HELLBM is lowering it for me on H&R springs tomorrow, so will chuck some pictures up as we go! B)

Rush hour isn't too bad I find, the clutch on an E30 isnt too stiff really. Just takes some practice :D. Mind you, i do have PT 3 times a week to keep my clutch leg in shape haha.

Also it's fun as to be in control and beat most autos off the line at the lights :ph34r:

Definitely wanna see the pics. I needa get mine lowered sometime and Im wondering wether h&r might be a goer. Should make a showroom thread for it :)

Rush hour isn't too bad I find, the clutch on an E30 isnt too stiff really. Just takes some practice :D. Mind you, i do have PT 3 times a week to keep my clutch leg in shape haha.

Lol, try telling that to my mate who had a racing clutch in his car. It was like a freakn legpress machine at the gym lol. Basiclly it was either on or off. Going through drive throughs was always amasuing lol