Sign in to follow this  
m325i

What would you do if

That ain't going to do much for me, headers or programable ECU with current system otherwise a 2.5 or 2.7 conversion.

But for a stocker:

Replace exhaust manifold with some good headers $1000

Replace exhaust system < $600

Replace air filter with K&N < $150

Use the rest to fill car up with 98 Octane $250 - a months supply :lol:

Hello GT3040 & 400rwhp muwahahahahahaha

If you didn't constrain us to "power-ups" I would say a pair of Koni 8211's & 350lb/in springs for the rear would be on the top of my list.

microtech ecu...

LT/LTX-8 $1456.88

waaaaaayyy better than bosch ewwness

:mosh:

another couple hundred bucks would give you the dash to suit as well.... legend

some sort of stand alone....link prob

start on way to turbo...would maybe add some bigger injectors, but prob not

whats pricing on microtech compared to link? would love an autronic, but bling $$

hmm motec

Nah seriously though if I had $2k odd lying around I'd probably sort out an LSD, a K&N airfilter and maybe look at a differnt ECU, that'd still leave some change to buy some stickers too :)

Edited by E30stz

stay on topic......it could actually turn out to be interesting so i deleted all your dumb ass

replies so people actually wanting to read and find out something dont have to wade

through your rubbish....there is off topic if you want to talk sh*t

whats pricing on microtech compared to link? would love an autronic, but bling $$

hmm motec

when I was ready to order for my ae86 4agte (flood damned it) they were roughly the same, give or take a couple of hundred....

Lots of opinions I got said go for the microtech, auto electricians I spoke with didn't rave about link build quality, plus the microtech is better tech wise, and ya can have a primo as digital dash module thing=p.i.m.p

with the cars I own right now, 2g would go on something like sounds or some 17s on the van, maybe a vr4 turbo :mosh: mad diesel styles

laurel-would get a manual convert, and probably well on the way to be running an rb20det... then again, tryin to sell it :jap:

What results would more fuel give you?

What about a port/polish? How much would that be?

more fuel wont do sh*t, unless theres more air gettin in.... just gotta have the mixture set corrrectly....

porting&polishing costs vary, basically a head gasket job ($1000ish at most places, give or take) plus whatever they wanna charge you for the porting work.... some charge by the hour, some do it at fixed cost, fixed cost rules, some guys can end up spending 6-8 hours on the die grinder to get a really awesome job done... but you've gotta find somebody decent at it..

reckon theres not alot of merit in p&p unless you do a cam as well, sure there''s some, but while the head's completely dismantled there's the perfect chance to get your cam reground to a "better" spec, ecu upgrades would be chur too - moving vane afm = :gay:

make sure if you do any head mods that the garage actually adjusts the mixtures up to suit, sparkle's mechanic hadn't had time to check that (car finished right when he really needed it) and it was quite a bit out (lean) sounded mean as though, lump as f**k idle etc...

My bad .. i didn't read the first post ... Sorry ...

If that was the case i would get an exhaust system from USA, remap my engine managment, and change the filter to a Gruppy.

Edited by aliluya