Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

E36 baby seat question

Where is the bolt hole in the parcel shelf for an E36, the one that secures the tether strap for a child seat? There looks to be a pull out of some sort on the underside of the parcel shelf, directly in line with the middle of the rear head rest, which would logically be it, is it?

You just need to drill through the top level of the parcel tray. We had three different baby seats and they all screwed directly into the holes, areas that I assume you are talking about in both our E36's in NZ (a 97 328i sedan and 96 323i sedan). I would assume that the coupes are the same.

there are 3 threaded holes underneth , just have a look .

drill out the shelf above from underneth and your are done

post-279-1295500896.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Thanks to both, Brent, that's the piece I thought looked like the right bit, will try and find the drill.

Anything like this in a e30 coupe? Or what have other people done?

I don't usually carry the kids around in my car but me and the wife have a scheduling clash so I'll be taking the kids to football...

What sort of seat is this? A capsule?

I did plenty of research and didn't want to go down the bolted seats so went with a Maxi-Cosi Priori. 3 point seatbelt attachment and no bolts to drill into the car. Pretty cheap too from Amazon UK. I think I paid £120 delivered to NZ.

Yeah I had a look round in the boot and I don't see any threaded holes so am going to pick up a seat that just uses the belt. Don't want any new holes...

Not for a capsule - my daughter is 3 and a half.