Sign in to follow this  
Waltsbm

Identification

How can you tell if BMW 330ci Motorsport is a factory built Motorsport.

One way would be to get the VIN and take it to a dealer to get the specs printed.

How can you tell if BMW 330ci Motorsport is a factory built Motorsport.

what is the definition of motorsport?My own opinion is it must have the suspension,bodykit and sports seats,and bigger wheels.If it was specced it will show up on the build sheet as in my old 535is .You will find that if you order the "msport" package it comes" bundled" with other stuff so "motorsports" will often be a nicely specced car

200 KATALYSATOR - ENTFALL (no catalytctic converter)

209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

291 BMW LM SCHMIEDERAD/KREUZSPEICH (alloy wheels)

302 ALARM SYSTEM

320 MODEL DESIGNATION, DELETION (no model badge)

335 M TECHNIC SPORTPAKET (mtech body kit, front spoiler skirts,rear wing, aero rear bumper cover)

339 SATIN CHROME (matt black finish around windows instead of chrome)

401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

498 HEADRESTS IN REAR, MECHANIC. ADJUSTABLE

500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING

560 CO-PILOTS IN RR COMPARTMENT (reading lamps in rear )

563 BEL.MAKE-UP SPIEGEL (make up mirrors(or lights for make up mirror)

571 BOOSTED POWER SUPPLY (140 w alternator)

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

687 RADIO PREPARATION

708 M-SPORT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL II

806 Neuseeland Ausfuehrung

847 erweiterter Kabelbaum

850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

Edited by kiwi535

This is a very confusing area that has been covered a number of times on Bimmersport, with no conclusive answers, due to the fact there are many different levels of "Motorsport" cars. Leaving aside the true "M" cars, M3, M5, M6, etc as it's clear what they are, for my mind there are distinctions between the various types.

1) Many models were offered as Motorsport cars from the dealers, built at the factory thay way, for example a 330i Motorsport, or 530i Motorsport - these will all have their own base level of specification, for example m-sport wheels, suspension, steering wheel, interior, headliner, possibly badging, etc. If any of these base spec items are missing then it falls into the next category.

2) Up-specced base models, take for example a 330ci, tick a few options on the list when ordering and get motorsport suspension, wheels and steering wheel. Some nice extras, which will be listed on the build sheet, but not a 330i Motorsport (in my book anyways and others dis-agree with that).

3) Last, but not least, the car which has had M-sport options added at a later date, it won't show on the build sheet but could still have the alloys, suspension and steering wheel added at some point in it's life.

As mentioned above the build sheet will show what it came with from the factory - to find out whether it is either 1) or 2) check what the base Motorsport specification is and make sure ALL are fitted, probably the interior and the black headlining are the least likely to be added as options. Also the original BMW paperwork, service books, etc should show the model name from the dealer - if it is available.

With the M3, 5 and 6 the chassis number starts with WBS, if you ordered a motorsport vehicle from factory would that also be WBS or the normal WBA?

If you ordered a motorsport vehicle from factory would that also be WBS or the normal WBA?

Not sure for ALL BMW but my E46 Motorsport is WBA, all BMW paperwork refers to it as a "Sport Touring".

I think it must be just the M vehicles then.