Sign in to follow this  
NVADER

Victim of "The Boy Racer" Act

Few years back I spotted what was a VERY drunk driver. They nearly caused a low speed accident in the middle of town then drove off all over the road. Couldn't drive straight to save themselves.

I *555'd their ass. Nothing more dangerous than a drunk driver.

Well we heard back from the Police the next day, apparently they couldn't find him but located him at his house later in the evening, and there was nothing they could do, since they didn't catch him themselves.

I thought what was the bloody point of *555 if we couldn't even stop a drink driver.

I do 100kph in the fast lane of the motorway all the time.

The speed limit is 100kph and if there are no emergency vehicles trying to get past then i aint moving over.

F*ck the lot of ya. :lol:

ever heard of keeping left unless overtaking? it's illegal and ticketable offence which I wish the police enforced like they do in Europe.

That and driving too slow.

ever heard of keeping left unless overtaking? it's illegal and ticketable offence .

Yep, and i'd go to court over it too :P

Had an incident, on the way to the airport, stopped at the traffic lights, both lanes going straight ahead (I was in the left lane) lights turned green, and the Ford Taurus next to me revved himself to hell buggery and slammed into drive with a very amusing 1/2 second screech of a tyre (may have been something else breaking on the car which I may have mistaken for a wheel screech). Laughed my way across the intersection only to have to slam the brakes on and swerve off the road to avoid having a Taurus take the side of my car off. He went back into his lane and I continued on only to have the same thing happen again, slammed the brakes on and swerved to the side again. This time I thought stuff this, and went past him and headed into the terminal where there would be lots of people around as I had no idea who was in the other car (couldn't think of many enemies I have made who would drive a Taurus). Pulled over and the crazy old grey haired goat flipped me the bird as he drove past.

Kind of stunned I decided to follow him from a distance into the carpark and watched him stumble out of his car, called *555 and the lady took all the details, while on the phone to her, he came back from in the terminal with the guy he had just collected, so I approached him and asked him if he realised he had twice run me off the road...

He flew into a fit of rage "I had every intention of ramming you off the road, unfortunately I missed both times. I don't like your kind". His friend realising that I was on the phone quickly silenced him and put him in the car. Asked the passenger if the guy had been drinking and if it was safe for him to be riding in a car with him.. "how dare you.. accuse him of drinking.. he doesnt drink" jumped in the car and they drove away.

Still on the phone to comms, she was as dumb founded as I was with his response and asked if she had heard correctly.. umm i think so.. he intentionally tried to ram me off the road several times??

She asked me to lay a formal complaint at the nearest police station as there was enough evidence in the recording with his admission to convict him of dangerous driving.

About a month later I hear from the police who basically couldnt be bothered investigating it, if it goes to court it will be your word against his and basically nothing can be done, I directed them to listen to the *555 recording where he clearly stated his intention to run me off the road several times.

Anyhow a few weeks after that another phone call asking which direction I would like to take the case, had a good chat to the officer and she gave a bit of history on the guy who was due to have his license expire in the next few months (due to his age) and it would be up for renewal, from his history it was unlikely he would pass the tests. He had been spoken to and was fully aware of the situation and evidence against him and was pretty shaken up about it. At the end of the day it was my call to go through with the complaint and have the poor old coot charged with dangerous driving at the end of his otherwise pretty minor driving history.

I chose to let it go, he has been warned and this will remain on his record as a warning.

I still do not know what caused him to take exception to me or what "kind" I was, the first time I was anywhere near him was stopped at the traffic lights next him revving his motor. Prior to that I was about 4 cars behind.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bloody BMW drivers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bloody BMW drivers.

Haha probably..

Wow. I was waiting for the punchline. Then there wasn't one.

Crazy.

Yeah sounds like my mate whom was nearly hit by a car near his house. *555'd the guy and following giving updates as he drove all over the road. finally the Police arrived and stopped the car.

Later the police called and informed him they had suspended the guys licence indefinatley, he was like 85 years old.

Not drunk or anything. Just old as.

My mate felt pretty bad then, but at least the poor old fella isn't able to hurt himself as well as the general public.

Edited by M5V8

Driving a Taurus----- enough said ;)

Anyhow a few weeks after that another phone call asking which direction I would like to take the case, had a good chat to the officer and she gave a bit of history on the guy who was due to have his license expire in the next few months (due to his age) and it would be up for renewal, from his history it was unlikely he would pass the tests. He had been spoken to and was fully aware of the situation and evidence against him and was pretty shaken up about it. At the end of the day it was my call to go through with the complaint and have the poor old coot charged with dangerous driving at the end of his otherwise pretty minor driving history.

I chose to let it go, he has been warned and this will remain on his record as a warning.

I wouldn't of let it go mate.

Why does it make it ok that he did this even tho' his licence was soon to expire.

He did while still holding a licence so should've been prosecuted.

Sorry but i'm a little confused but i understand it was your call.

Wow. I was waiting for the punchline. Then there wasn't one.

No there wasn't. I am only sharing my experience with how a Public complaint process works.

Posted Image

Something seems to be missing from this story or someone is blowing smoke up your arse....

Edited by HT.

Yep, and i'd go to court over it too :P

Read the Road Code!!!!!!!!!!!

On a Duel Carraige Way (2 or more lanes on the left of the center line) the right hand lane is only to be used for passing or if the left hand lane is full.

Read the Road Code!!!!!!!!!!!

On a Duel Carraige Way (2 or more lanes on the left of the center line) the right hand lane is only to be used for passing or if the left hand lane is full.

Gosh, thank you so much. After driving for 28 years and having a licence for 27 with 3 tickets and 2 minor accidents i now know about that rule.

Haha. Go the sarcasm font.

If you're going to insist on 100kph in the fast lane (which I don't particularly mind) at least make sure its GPS verified. Would be terribly embarrassing to find you were enforcing 94kph on anyone behind you.

I wouldn't of let it go mate.

Why does it make it ok that he did this even tho' his licence was soon to expire.

He did while still holding a licence so should've been prosecuted.

Sorry but i'm a little confused but i understand it was your call.

The way I looked at it, my grandfather was possibly the worlds worst driver... he was half crippled and couldn't turn his head to look sideways or behind, had probably zero peripheral vision and should not have been driving full stop. But he was a determined old bugger.. Had he have gone through what I was about to do to this old goat it would probably have sent him to his death bed..

Trust me I was extremely irate and determined to go through with it (I would not have wasted my Saturday going to the Police Station otherwise), after my conversation with the officer and his history was revealed which there was nothing of substantial concern, and the facts surrounding his license about to expire and prospect of it most likely not being renewed. The officer had been for a chat with him and he fully understood the seriousness of the situation and accepted his wrong doing and she believed was a genuine shake up. From this she explained it is still going against his record as a formal warning.

From this I decided to trust this Officers observation and put it at that.. was it the right decision?? I hope so..

Haha. Go the sarcasm font.

If you're going to insist on 100kph in the fast lane (which I don't particularly mind) at least make sure its GPS verified. Would be terribly embarrassing to find you were enforcing 94kph on anyone behind you.

HMMM that's a point :D

From this I decided to trust this Officers observation and put it at that.. was it the right decision?? I hope so..

Like i said mate, your call and fair enough

BUT........................imagine if he DID manage to renew his licence :lol:

BUT........................imagine if he DID manage to renew his licence :lol:

I will try not to think about it..

For the OP, the Police do try to make it hard if there is little or poor evidence for a complaint to proceed with prosecution. As has been said before, seek legal help (community law centres are free but you really have to push them, free for a reason). Get disclosure from Prosecution, see what evidence they have against you, and hope its nothing too incriminating.. plan your defense accordingly.

What is the implication of being "convicted" vs having a infringment on one's driving record? Like insurance, travel, job applications, etc...

Depends on the conviction, generally traffic convictions wouldn't affect travel unless it was serious like dangerous driving causing death or similar.

It will affect your insurance as you will need to advise them for any convictions in the previous 5 year period (or whatever your particular insurance company's policy is).

Similar for job applications, if they request convictions you have to specify.

Infringements only car insurance companies care about.

More recently drink driving convictions can cause visa problems with the US with their newly overzelous homeland security measures.

I do 100kph in the fast lane of the motorway all the time.

The speed limit is 100kph and if there are no emergency vehicles trying to get past then i aint moving over.

F*ck the lot of ya. :lol:

It's funny how you are constantly complaining about people annoying you in this forum, and how you think it's all "too PC" to punish them "properly" but then boast about being a right wanker on the motorway, just because you can. Bit hypocritical really. By your own standards you need your ass kicked.

It's funny how you are constantly complaining about people annoying you in this forum, and how you think it's all "too PC" to punish them "properly" but then boast about being a right wanker on the motorway, just because you can. Bit hypocritical really. By your own standards you need your ass kicked.

+1

but then boast about being a right wanker on the motorway, just because you can. By your own standards you need your ass kicked.

Boast?

THE SPEED LIMIT IS 100KPH AND THAT'S WHAT I DO, so how is that being a wanker?

As for the second bit...............don't let me stop you.

+1

As above.

+1

+1 more.

I can’t stand, no I actually detest people who think they can sit it the passing lane and dictate the speed.

I have my cruise control set to 110kph on the motorway or state highway (105kph on the GPS) and have to spend 60% of every motorway journey on the far left lane, it’s actually faster.

How is this topic still even going?

How has it got so far off course, that it has deteriorated into a crappy pointless argument that no-one wins?

I can’t stand, no I actually detest people who think they can sit it the passing lane and dictate the speed.

+1

oh....... and the prople that happily sit on 90km/h UNTIL a passing lane comes along, then they do 110-120km/h. They are the people the really get under my skin.

Random question @ Bellicose....... How tall are you?