Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Run off the road...

Argh. Venting ...

Today I was driving through the domain behind an old Mazda Demio going 30km/h the whole way through. Heading out towards Broadway, opposite Ayr St. where the lanes split into two, the Mazda (and it's very old) driver went into the right lane, I went into the left lane.

The Mazda then without indicating (or apparently looking) swerved into my lane, an inch from hitting me. I swerved into the kerb, narrowly missing a tree and I heard the hiss of a punctured tyre. So I got out and gave the driver and earful (probably shouldn't have but no point looking back on it)

I told her she ran me off the road and caused my tyre to puncture, she replied "Nonsense" and told me I was driving far too fast and that it was a 25km/h zone (wtf?) I told her it was a 50km/h zone and called *555 idk why but the line was overloaded so I just got the plate and drove off and changed my wheel.

The wheel doesn't look damaged but might be buckled and the tyre side wall is shredded. Is it worth claiming insurance or anything 'cos I'm not too experienced with that. Dad usually sorts it haha.

/end rant

I dont wanna kill it for you but Im pretty sure the speed limit through the domain is 30km/h.... I drove up through there also behind someone going painfully slow after I saw you on Friday.

But I have had similar incidents at that part at the top of Ayr St heading into broadway also its a yuck intersection that one is, the lane merges way too soon after you turn. Hopefully you can get her to get you a new tire at least or get your wheel fixed if it is infact damanged..

Should have just let her hit you.

then speeding or no speeding, she failed to give way.

annd, this is the sh*t part about insurance and being U25.

since the damage is probably worth less than the excess, It's probably not worth claiming, unless you can make her pay up.

Edited by antil33t

I think the limit through there is 30 also. Having seen you driving today, maybe constantly changing lanes and accelerating all the time should give way to a bit of patience. It won't get you anywhere any faster in the city, but it will put you in more situations like have happened to you here. Regardless of who is at fault, it's a pain in the butt for you at the end of the day. My 2 cents.

unfortunately this one may end up costing you unless you can get the other driver to admit fault and pay up.

I had the same thing happen to me with a bus when I was younger in my WRX, curbed the wheel bad too, since I was 23ish I think the excess was crazy so I ended up fixing the wheel myself. $800 lesson to make sure I give buses a very wide berth.

Hopefully you are just up for a tyre.

If they had actually hit you it would have been their fault.

You let her get away? You have no chance of getting her to repair your wheel now. You should of put her in a rear naked choke hold until she paid up.

Good point.

leaving the scene of a accident? that's actually a heavy fine.

Good point.

leaving the scene of a accident? that's actually a heavy fine.

There were no injuries so why wait around.

Just exchange names and addresses and go on your way.

if Tristan requested the driver to do so, to await Police to asertain whom was at fault and they left anyway then there could be a offence there?

if Tristan requested the driver to do so, to await Police to asertain whom was at fault and they left anyway then there could be a offence there?

The problem with calling the police to a minor thing is that they will always determine a party at fault and it might not go your way. You may think you are in the right but ultimately they may determine it another way. Only call them if you are 100% sure you were in the right.

Note: not saying who is at fault here or implying anything, just saying :).

It is 30 in the domain but out there where you hit kerb is 50 (the signs are further back by the entrance i believe).

If she had hit you completley side on it would have been her fault and would have been obvious to police.

Not worth worrying about insurance now ... if its ur front wheel and the rim is abit buckled you could just use the spare rim (if your on the cheap). otherwise just get a tyre and move on to the next shity driver/cyclist :)

Don't know what bimmers are like but i hit the curb in an old WRX of mine (not particularly hard) had to get a new rim then discovered down the track (after 3 new tyres and a wheel alignment) that i had slight chassis damage and had to get a chassis pull...just sayin!

It sounds very minor, get a new tyre and/or get the wheel fixed, and move on with life.

This...

It is never a good idea to pass anyone on the inside/left hand side

Edited by e38king

Wheel repair = $120

New tire around 250-300

insurance premimum = over 1k for under 25 ?

It sucks but a no brianer really.

The problem with calling the police to a minor thing is that they will always determine a party at fault and it might not go your way. You may think you are in the right but ultimately they may determine it another way. Only call them if you are 100% sure you were in the right.

Note: not saying who is at fault here or implying anything, just saying :).

I didn't call the police, who are they going to believe. 18 year old or 85 year old?

There was some old tard attempting to un-park outside of work (shop, have a huge fkin window) watched him reverse SLAM into the customers car that I was serving.

"that dude just hit your car"

"that dude just took off"

stupid arrogant d*ck.

If I reverse into anyones sh*t, I'd at least check for damages before f**king off :D

Some people have no respect, It's not the first time I've seen an older person ram into someone's car and just take off like nothing happened.

Edited by antil33t

I've seen that too, quite often when I was working in Mission Bay.

Edited by Tristan

I would eat my hat if you manage to get a dollar out of her, I don't think she is obligated to give you jack.

Should have let her bump into you then she change lane without checking properly. Possibily careless driving there.

Now she could have said you being silly and run into the curb on your own and she just happens to be next to you. Is there any witness behind you? Suppose it's too late now but just saying.

Too many idiots on the road, both young and old. Just drive save and be patience, few minutes of your time doesn't worth the hundreds of dollars of damage that could cost in an accident.

^^ and this comes from a Courier driver. Hope this will sink in to you and everyone.