Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Importing a couple of tyres

Have personally never used www.design911.co.uk - how fresh are their tyres??

Don't know as I've never bought tyres from them however their pricing is really competitive and they don't mind sending tyres to NZ.

I have bought lots of 911 parts though and service always superb, and the parts usually arrive within a week from when the order was placed.

All the tyres I have bought have been only 1-3 months old. 3 of the sets have been Toyo R888's and they have been perfect. I recommend them 100%.

The last set was in March for my M3 CSL. So far I've done one track day on them and no complaints.

Edited by mjh

All the tyres I have bought have been only 1-3 months old. 3 of the sets have been Toyo R888's and they have been perfect. I recommend them 100%.

The last set was in March for my M3 CSL. So far I've done one track day on them and no complaints.

Cheers Matt ... looks like their Toyo's are very competitively priced ... I worked out roughly $2550 for a set of 19s shipped to NZ. Their shipping prices are definitely very competitive .. Very (especially when compared to the current tirerack prices).

However I think their Michelins are very low on stock and the pricing is only okay from what I've seen in the past from other sources.

Just putting it out there but I will be ordering a set of 225/40/18 Toyo R888 in the next couple of months if anyone needs to fill a consignment or anything?

Couple of weeks ago ordered some Michelin PSS from TR

245/30/20

285/25/20

Tires: $1,426.00 US

Shipping: $287.82 US

Duty : around $360 NZ

was pretty quick - 5 days it was at my door

Edited by jake

I ordered a set of P Zero's for my fathers car yesterday (255/40/20). The total price incl shipping was just on GBP1,100. The quote in NZ was $4,500.

Very simple decision...... They are due this weekend, so probably early next week to Napier.