Sign in to follow this  
uhlsta

V6 MINI

Hey people.

Just saw this outside work, 3.8l V6 Mini.

Anyone seen it before, or know much about it?

post-513-1299627004.jpg

post-513-1299627009.jpg

Looks like a Lotus 7 with an Austin Mini coat on + a roof chop.

I think I like it....

... but not the wire whels/knock-offs

That is an utter abortion of a car.

And the fact it has (I'm guessing) a Holden V6 in it makes it even more so.

Looks tits id drive that! Dont agree with engine choice though, needs at least 8 cylinders though, 12 would be ideal to keep to the era the car was designed to mimic. Should be something british too? the americans/australians had nothing to do with both mini or this sort of car design

Would own all the same

Looks tits id drive that! Dont agree with engine choice though, needs at least 8 cylinders though, 12 would be ideal to keep to the era the car was designed to mimic. Should be something british too? the americans/australians had nothing to do with both mini or this sort of car design

Would own all the same

So you are suggesting to put maybe a Jaguar V12 from like a XJ from the 80s?

with the amount of work this car has had already, might as well make something like that fit. The bonnets long enough

Would own all the same

Agree is need min. of 8cyls, I was thinking one of those 'radical' 2.6l V8's that use the suzuki Hyabusa block/heads.

I think you will find the Ozzie's probably did give some steer in the direction Herbert Austin took his design/engineering: Herbert Austin but not directly in the mini I guess...

Edited by E30-323ti

with the amount of work this car has had already, might as well make something like that fit. The bonnets long enough

Rover V8.

Pretty sure that was built by a guy up the top end of albany. He's built quite a few different custom minis. One was the front half of one with the back half of a motorbike jammed up its arse to make it a trike. Another was a widened mini ute kinda thing with a hayabusa motor in it i think. Also had some 3 wheeled car that looked like an aeroplane also.

Rover V8.

... you mean a Buick

I like to think of myself as a serious mini fan, having owned some pretty modified cars including a fire breathing 1410cc with an 8 port and sequential fuel inection and I have to say like this...

Dude obviously has WAAAAY too much time and money!

... you mean a Buick

Think he means the small block 3.5L V8 from the Rover Vanden plas.

Common engine upgrade for brits as its quite small. Troublesome tho when it breaks.

Think he means the small block 3.5L V8 from the Rover Vanden plas.

Common engine upgrade for brits as its quite small. Troublesome tho when it breaks.

... Which is an engine that Rover purchased from Buick after the americans kept making it fail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_V8_engine

Edited by KwS

Which is the engine that the Aussies made into the 4.4 ltr they put into the Leyland P76.

Yup, the RV8 is bit of a BLMC slut. Its been in a few different chassis's, in various different configs. Miss my old Vanden Plas EFI SD1 :(