Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

1987 320i E30 Series Project.

Hey guys, so I'm putting this back on the market. I'm not using it as I can no longer afford to, so I figure it's only fair to let it go to someone who will.

As far as I know all it requires to be race-series legal is:

-Transponder

-15x7 Wheels

-Toyo R888s

-All holes drilled as required for lock-wiring.

It could also probably do with:

-New suspension bushes/engine mounts etc

-New brakes/rear discs fitted

-Paint-job.

Hopefully somebody out there is thinking about racing in the series this season, it'd be an easy job to get it ready in time for someone with the motivation and the money, and still much cheaper than starting from scratch!

Edit: 1st post edited with new details, including the fact its getting shifted to Hamilton soon.

Edited by huff3r

Bump. Let me know if this is a fair price guys, its a bit hard to judge something thats not complete..

I think it is a fair price, it is just a pretty difficult market at the moment. It will all depend on how quickly you want to move the car.

I think it is a fair price, it is just a pretty difficult market at the moment. It will all depend on how quickly you want to move the car.

Cheers for the input. I'm in no real rush, as long as nothing goes wrong with the daily. Just thought it'd be good to advertise now, as an on-to-it buyer could get it ready for the next season fairly easily.

Being brutally honest Paul, I'd say your price is fair, but not where it needs to be to sell quickly.

If you're prepared to wait it out, you'll get your $8500, if you want to move it you'll need to go to around $7000. If you were to complete it and do a race or 2 you should get $10 to 12000, or maybe up to $14000 with a body tidyup.

My 2c.

Being brutally honest Paul, I'd say your price is fair, but not where it needs to be to sell quickly.

If you're prepared to wait it out, you'll get your $8500, if you want to move it you'll need to go to around $7000. If you were to complete it and do a race or 2 you should get $10 to 12000, or maybe up to $14000 with a body tidyup.

My 2c.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately at this stage I have no free money to complete it, even though it wouldnt take much, as I am studying for my Pilots Licence. I am prepared however to wait for the right offer, although I would probably accept anything fair or reasonable.

I really do wish I could get it finished and do a few races, however it's just not practical :(.

Bump. So the Car is still in Porirua, as I'm waiting til Dad gets home before I shift it. As mentioned above I'm happy to entertain offers, and will be very negotiable if I'm not required to move it up here ;).

Bump, car should be in Hamilton by the end of next week so if your in the south and interested you'd best speak up quick!

Bump! Car has been picked up from Porirua so is on it's way here! Willing to entertain offers around $8k minus the passengers seat and belt, if anyone interested.. (You don't need them for the series ;))

So it arrives tomorrow afternoon apparently. Will try and tidy it up the best I can when it gets here, and then it'll be straight up on trademe. Unless someone speaks up first!

Bump! It's arrived safe in Hamilton! Here lies your opportunity to get out there racing in the series for under $10k! And be competitive for under $15 if your clever. Haven't you always wanted to race cars? It's really not that much coin... :)

(Someones gonna get a bargain, just make sure it's you ;)).

Bump!

Edited by huff3r

Come on guys, someone must want this! Or knows someone who does... I'm very negotiable, as flying is stupidly expensive! As is living too it seems.

Can't afford a trademe ad yet so I'm hoping someone here might be keen instead :lol:

Finally on trademe:

I am negotiable on price, especially for bimmersporters, and also for people dedicated to getting it done and on-track! :D

Bump, must still be some aspiring E30 racers out there ;)

Another day, another bump. Even though I'm fairly certain everyone on bimmersport has seen this by now..

Daily driver just failed it's WoF, so I would love someone to buy this so I can fix it <_<

Bumpage! Would love this gone before xmas so I can buy some presents :unsure:

Bump! Would make a sweet Christmas present for Dad/Teenage Son. Get someone new into the spirit of racing, and into the series!

I did mention I'm willing to negotiate right? No swaps for wives/kids etc however.

Bump!! $6900 ONO on trademe now! Somebody must want to go racing on the cheap :D

Bump! 27 watchers on trademe, but no-one has said anything yet so it's definitely for sale still, but hopefully not for long ;)