Sign in to follow this  
5amchris

Before and After

Use to be a thread about peoples cars before and after they had some work done but cant find it so meh.

Well i got some V-Maxx Coilovers from HaNs got them installed and it only dropped about 20MM from where it was before the install.

After driving it for a few days i was unhappy spending 1k on springs and 500 on a cert for only 20MM drop.

so took the car in to TSV and got him to have a good play around.

He removed the back adjuster and added some rubber things to stop the spring from moving around dropped 55MM more.

He then took to the front and made me a new set of springs changed the bumper stop and got 50MM more of a drop from them.

I go a phone call from TSV and he said the height i want it cant be done without some work to the guards and he then needed to bring the car up around 25MM so i could get 40% wheel turn

So Before any work was done.

Posted Image

Coilovers installed

Posted Image

After the work done front up 25MM

Posted Image

stiiiinkkk.

Even though its still not as low as you'd like, its pretty low! Looks good too. You just need to sort the guards (and maybe avoid judder bars).

Not even judder bars man everything!

I dont know if Palmerston North has sh*t roads/Drives but dont see how pjay can be much lower =D

If you want the low... you gotta pay the price. That's why mine still looks a little hilux.

Wow that looks great on the lowest setting haha, you can work the guards for it to fit :P

I'm wanting mine to get that low but thinking about the prices that will come with it isnt really worth it to me yet haha!

All you need now is some colorful wheels that stick out :D

looks good man. Need to take some decent photos of the twins together sometime haha. Wish i could justify coilovers but i struggle with the height as it is!

O and this happened =/

You need to run bigger wheels to get the look you're after and not have these sorts of problems. Also look at firming you shocks up to help stop this when turning if your gonna run that low.

Car looks pretty sweet though! .. nice work

I prefer the 'coilover instead' stage stance, either way cars looking good mate.

You need to run bigger wheels to get the look you're after and not have these sorts of problems. Also look at firming you shocks up to help stop this when turning if your gonna run that low.

Car looks pretty sweet though! .. nice work

Just getting the guards rolled and then i should be sweet.

Thanks Guys!

Edit:

O and vaders coming soon =D

Edited by 5amchris

Car height looks good. Are they 17" or 18"?

I wouldnt waste your money on Vaders unless u get them for dirt cheap

did you hit a curb to get your alignment that bad ?

Nice examples.

Big contrast in height next to the stock Sedan!

Also, with the black grilles next to the stock finish grilles, I can say I prefer the factory look more. The 'black' look seems unfinished IMO.

Looks mint, nice and clean. I think wheel size is perfect.

Cool place for photos as well.