Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

One of the very finest examples of its kind in New Zealand

One of my buddies is a member but has been having problems adding posts, so I thought I'd help him.

In recent times there have been discussions about the E24. My friend's example here has a 1988 BMW 635csi Highline. It is in utterly beautiful condition.

As a few of may you know, prior to the E30 M3's success on the track in the 80's, the 635csi was BMW's track weapon. Icon's like Jim Richards who drove a black JPS 635csi in Australian races ensured this car was a success in the show-rooms as well.

My friend AC has owned this car for over 10 years now, and apart from his family, is his pride and joy.

The E24 was a commercial success for BMW and was sold from 1976 to 1989. In the final 18 months of production, BMW revised the car visually with revised bumpers and with a luxurious interior completely swathed in premium leather.

His Highline is one of the last that were manufactured for the UK market, and is one of approximately 5 in NZ.

His car is in the desirable Diamond Schwartz and has cream leather and rides on like-new Style 5's.

With so many looking a tad baggy with age, it is a testament to AC to have a 23 year old example like his in stunning condition.

adrian_80_X_80.bmp

Edited by ssbmw

Sounds rather brilliant.

He should bring it along to a meet, or get another member here to take some dynamic pictures of it.

For those who don't like clicking.

post-2618-1300348669.jpeg

Looks nice too BTW

Wow, That thing is stunning.

Remember very fondly the 635's and then the M3's ripping it up around the streets of Wellington. Went to every meeting held on the waterfront. Wonderful memories indeed.

Thats one mint shark.

More pics please!!