Sign in to follow this  
mk2504

Hi, I'm Mike, live in east auckland. Been looking at this site for a while and thought it'd be time to sign up to the forums and introduce myself. Have owned a 330ci Msport 03 for the last year or so. Finally saved up a bit and planning to change wheels soon (really don't like the 19" Carson Octanes that the previous owner put on) and looking for advice on lowering the car =]

I'm relatively new to BMWs (most of my friends are JDM enthusiasts) so hoping I'll learn some stuff from you guys.

Cheers

some pics from after the car wash

post-12006-1300358955.jpg

post-12006-1300359024.jpg

Welcome mate. Looks vvery nice. A slight drop would set it off perfectly IMO.

Welcome.

Shiny. What wheels are you looking at getting?

Hey bro, nice car! Did i see it on Princess st yesterday or the day before?

Welcome.

Shiny. What wheels are you looking at getting?

While I'd really like some BBS' they are sooo expensive haha. Been looking at some forum posts from the US and decided I'll probably cop myself some Avant Garde M310s in black, most likely with either Falken FK452s or Eagle F1s.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey bro, nice car! Did i see it on Princess st yesterday or the day before?

Yup I go to UoA so most likely!

Welcome mate. Looks vvery nice. A slight drop would set it off perfectly IMO.

+1

And good choice of wheels IMO

While I'd really like some BBS' they are sooo expensive haha. Been looking at some forum posts from the US and decided I'll probably cop myself some Avant Garde M310s in black, most likely with either Falken FK452s or Eagle F1s.

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forums. We have a lot of BBS Replica and OE replica wheels in stock that will suit your 330 perfectly. we can also help out with with lowering if you need. Pop in and see us in Penrose sometime.

cheers

Johno :)

What a fantastic car you have there Mike.

I'd recommend some H&R or Eibach spring kits.

As for the wheels, I guess your going to be paying a fair wack for genuine 19" BBS wheels..... but maybe a compromise of 18" wheels could be an option as they tend to be a fair bit cheaper and more common, at least that way you can stay with proper quality OEM brands - what a BMW deserves.

Regarding the tires, all I can say is watch out for Chinese made Eagle F1s, they are no where near as good as the German made ones. Excellent tries if they are made properly.

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forums. We have a lot of BBS Replica and OE replica wheels in stock that will suit your 330 perfectly. we can also help out with with lowering if you need. Pop in and see us in Penrose sometime.

cheers

Johno :)

Thanks Johno! While I'm not a big fan of replicas (mainly due to weight and have had bad experiences with the wheel balance), I might pop by sometime for advice with lowering. =]

What a fantastic car you have there Mike.

I'd recommend some H&R or Eibach spring kits.

As for the wheels, I guess your going to be paying a fair wack for genuine 19" BBS wheels..... but maybe a compromise of 18" wheels could be an option as they tend to be a fair bit cheaper and more common, at least that way you can stay with proper quality OEM brands - what a BMW deserves.

Regarding the tires, all I can say is watch out for Chinese made Eagle F1s, they are no where near as good as the German made ones. Excellent tries if they are made properly.

Thanks bro! Are the chinese eagle F1s replicas or just cheaply made ones?

Dude, I'm running an 04 330i M-Sport, and for me it's low enough as it is :o

Haha the standard M-Sport height is very good for stock but I think it's just missing that tiny little drop...

+1

And good choice of wheels IMO

Thanks mate! Looking forward to seeing your car at uni sometime.

Thanks bro! Are the chinese eagle F1s replicas or just cheaply made ones?

They are real ones, but apparently just made to a sloppy standard, mainly the balancing is off, so they can be off balance when you have them fitted. Been told this a few times from different tire suppliers.

Other good tires you can get are Bridgestone RE001s, a high performance summer tire, with a a degree of performance in the wet, I've used them on two of my cars and be pretty chuffed.