Sign in to follow this  
_BRS_

Tyre advice Needed.

Hey guys i have been tyre shopping this morning for my new rims and have come to the conclusion between these 2 tires, the Goodyear Eagle F1 or the Kumho KU31. I was after Toyo T1R's but theres none in the country.

So i would just like to know if anyones used these two tires and what they thought were the pros and cons etc. Cheers in advance

Blair

I'll tell you whats better when you post a pic of these wheels :P

I'll tell you whats better when you post a pic of these wheels :P

Haha, not going to happen! Need tires to get them on the car then pics, if you're lucky!

Soo aparently there aren't and Goodyear eagle f1s in the country in my size eather.

So can get a Hankook K110 v12 evo tire for 175 ea

The Kumho KU31 tires are 210 ea.

decisions decisions!

Looked at K107's

What size are you after?

Allways had a good run with Kuhmo tyres. not impressive in the wet but last well

I have the Goodyear Eagle's on my old wheels, and Bridgestone adrenalin's on the current wheels. Same car.

Both have exceptional wet and dry weather performance. Really hard to pick between the two.

Bridgestones were cheaper. So that made up my mind.

I have also hammered the bridgestones around a track in my GTR and they impressed there too.

1500kg+4WD+425kw+heavy right foot.

Says alot that.

Have not driven Kumho's sorry.

Bit of both, i read good reviews on the KU31s and the other options i was looking at, Goodyear eagle f1s and Toyo t1rs are out of stock in nz for 4 months so this was pretty much my only option. If i were to go any wider they wouldn't have fitted.

I bought KU31's over a year ago, best tyres i have had in a while, awesome decision!

hey guys my e38 came with some continentals 235/50/zr18. the rear ones are 60% worn now and need to get some tyres. calling the usual places gives me prices like $860 per continentals ??? ::o is there a cheaper good quality option? I really mean any specific brand/shop you guys would suggest for around 200 bux?--without kidding myself

thanks in advance

hey guys my e38 came with some continentals 235/50/zr18. the rear ones are 60% worn now and need to get some tyres. calling the usual places gives me prices like $860 per continentals ??? ::o is there a cheaper good quality option? I really mean any specific brand/shop you guys would suggest for around 200 bux?--without kidding myself

thanks in advance

If $200 is your budget try Mag and Tyre Direct. They do a Rotalla for $200 in a 235/50/18. It is actually a really good value for money tyre, nice and quiet and decent grip in the wet. The bonus is because they are a forum sponsor you pay trade price on tyres. They are obviously not in the same league as a Conti but at 1/4 of the price who can argue?

Haha, not going to happen! Need tires to get them on the car then pics, if you're lucky!

Soo aparently there aren't and Goodyear eagle f1s in the country in my size eather.

So can get a Hankook K110 v12 evo tire for 175 ea

The Kumho KU31 tires are 210 ea.

decisions decisions!

will you tell us which shop quoted that price for the hankooks? as the cheapest i could find was $275 :(

will you tell us which shop quoted that price for the hankooks? as the cheapest i could find was $275 :(

Im pretty sure they were that cheap as they were the last ones they had and wanted to get rid of them, they were also ex chch iirc.

18 inch tyres are going to be more expensive than 16s.

Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetric for me! 245X45X18 $1600! looked up a few reviews before I decided what to buy!