Sign in to follow this  
dreamkast

Getting 17" for my e36 coupe

So I use to drive a 4 door e36 with these 17" rims

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/mom...pg?t=1301357357

now I drive Nicks old e36 coupe with these rims

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR...RptP4TQ&t=1

the Tread is worn down majorly on the tyres, and I been thinking for along time go back to 17"s like my old one has so im looking for a pair of 17's to put on my 328 e36 coupe with decent tyres on already.

I have found my old rims on trademe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-364904533.htm

But he says the will not fit 3 series, im sure these are the same rims my old 3 series use to have ?

Can somebody chime in on this issue, also looking for suggestions and links for other rims to chuck on (with tires,under 1000 for the lot)

Anything will fit if you are dedicated enough.

Will need to know the exact offset but will most likely need to get some narrower tyres to get them to fit.

Those 17's on your old E36 are exactly the same as the ones hyper are advertising..theyre saying that due to 5 series having a different offset it can cause guard rub on a E36 as far as I know..

feel free for someone to correct me/I take no responsibility

I am going to have my motor sport 17" ones off my e46 up at some stage soon once I get off my arse and clean them up, There is a sort of pic of them on my year 2011 thread. Dunno if they would fit your e36 though.

They are the wrong offset for an E36

But they will fit with not very much work at all.

Ok I dont really wanna bother with modding anything. So would you not advise getting those 17's for my e36coupe?

If not what some other options out there with tires included for around the same price?

Saw 5 series m sport wheels on an E46 in Westhaven. Looks pretty good.. Not as good as on a 5er tho :P

Cheers guys!

Yer would really love to have the old ones back, but those ones Pjay are one of my favs msport rims. Thanks alot man.

2 more questions. - Would there be much of a market and if so how much could I sell my 16"s for there in average to decent condition.

secondly for those msport 17's than need 2 tires, how much would tires for those rims cost?

But they will fit with not very much work at all.

Of course they will fit but they will totally f**k up the handling because the offset is WRONG

word!

Depends on what you call not very much work. If you want to do some pretty serious guard rolling and flaring esp at the rear, and then run the wrong size tyre, yeah they should fit. Save yourself a lot of time and money and buy the correct fitment.

I am going to have my motor sport 17" ones off my e46 up at some stage soon once I get off my arse and clean them up, There is a sort of pic of them on my year 2011 thread. Dunno if they would fit your e36 though.

From what I can find the E46 sport wheels are:

Fronts are 17x7.5 with 41mm offset and the rears are 17x8.5 with a 50mm offset.

Should fit an E36 without issue.

Cheers guys!

Yer would really love to have the old ones back, but those ones Pjay are one of my favs msport rims. Thanks alot man.

2 more questions. - Would there be much of a market and if so how much could I sell my 16"s for there in average to decent condition.

secondly for those msport 17's than need 2 tires, how much would tires for those rims cost?

Pretty set on getting the rims Pjay linked, been a big fan of those. Just if someone could please answer the above 2 questions and ima try get this all sorted this week.

Ask forum sponsor zenetti (Mag and Tyre Direct) for a tyre price.

Look on Trademe - you're 16" wheels aren't worth much.

Of course they will fit but they will totally f**k up the handling because the offset is WRONG

Lol.

Got the m3 wheels off trademe. Pretty average condition but dont look too bad after a clean (got a good deal)

And thanks to Mag and Tyre for the mint deal on the tyres.