Sign in to follow this  
CamB

E36 M3 radiator

I need a new radiator - the one in the car has cracked the top hose attachment. The whole "15-20 year service life" on modern radiators sucks (I know its not all radiators and many last longer, but its pretty common).

So, a new one. Anyone have a good source for an M3 one (ie a good price)? I don't want second hand, I don't think alloy's worth it as I probably won't own the car in 15 years, and it's not a normal E36 one - M3 is special (ie $$$), although shared - with Z3M.

Edited by CamB

As i mentioned in the projetc thread yesterday, it's weird for a Motorsport vehicle to have cooling issues at all, then again the only bit of cooling system that isn't alloy is the outlets on the radiator on M vehicles <_<

PM replied Glenn.

I'd already had the waterpump (and thermostat I think) replaced when the bearings failed, so I guess I should look on the positive side - I will have an almost new cooling system.

Edited by CamB

Ordered one through Glenn - thanks :)

For the record (ie anyone searching in the future):

- Aftermarket importers of Behr don't stock the M3 one, but can get it with reasonable delay (eg 1 month)

- Nissens importer doesn't stock it (didn't ask if he could get it)

- BMW NZ doesn't stock either (grrrrrr), so a couple of weeks ex-Germany wait for me.

Am philosophical about the wait, but irritated BMW NZ don't stock it (I'm ok with the others - I don't expect them to carry stock on an uncommon item but I do with BMW).

Edited by CamB

Shows how many break huh, BMW NZ only stock common items like M62 water pumps, M43 head gasket sets, E60 MPMs, E46, E39 fan resistors, most models airmass meters, except E39 M5 which i found out this arvo, E46 rear window regulators, M52TU cam sensors etc etc, i could go on for a long time and fill this page up, so yeah, E36 M3 radiators not common.

OK fair enough :)

They did have the water pump when I needed that (bearings failed apparently).

Shows how many break huh, BMW NZ only stock common items like M62 water pumps, M43 head gasket sets, E60 MPMs, E46, E39 fan resistors, most models airmass meters, except E39 M5 which i found out this arvo, E46 rear window regulators, M52TU cam sensors etc etc, i could go on for a long time and fill this page up, so yeah, E36 M3 radiators not common.

Had a chuckle at that.