Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

GT4 Progress Thread

Guest Spargo

Well alot of you have got it, so I thought it was high time we had a bit of a pissing competition, and to see who has done what in the game, and stuff like that!

Game completiton: 62.8%

Day: 1455

A-Spec Mileage: 3,577km

B-Spec Mileage: 4,278km

A-Spec Points: 4,692 points

Driver Profile: (B-spec points)

Overall: 7720

Machine: 86

Course: 77

Battle: 75

All Licences completed.

Win Percentage: 632 / 772 = 81.8%

No. of Trophies: 704 trophies

Game highlights:

All the "black LM cars" bought, only cost me 7.5mil

Doing a sub 6min lap around the ring in a V12LMR with dualshock

Sacking my 190e Evo II on AMG rims

Getting every single colour M-Coupe (8 of the buggers)

Game Lowlights:

Moronic AI

the last mission. The slr used doesn't have the same specs as the one you can buy, wtf?

If you even b-spec a little bit of an enduro, you get 0-a spec points

Lets hear how you're all doing!

haven't played enough .. just 36.6% thru it ... currenty doing the nurburgh(sp?) 24hr endurance race ... just 14hrs into it right now .....

haven't played enough .. just 36.6% thru it ... currenty doing the nurburgh(sp?) 24hr endurance race ... just 14hrs into it right now .....

Nurburgring?

10%

*runs away and hides*

Dam i wish i had a PS2 down here. Oh well, alcohol will have to do as a substitute.

you should be way more though that game mike. you dont have any money to spend on piss. or did that just happen because i was in chch?? :P

Dam i wish i had a PS2 down here. Oh well, alcohol will have to do as a substitute.

you got that right lol

i dont got ps2 either, damn y did i get xbox??

haha thought you might say that. waiting for "course related costs" to come thru

your not the only one still waiting.

i have had 3 student contracts lost in the mail!! record

if i had GT4 it would be done by now. but i dont even have a PS2.

so i go round to mates places and just play arcade mode.

ps. its your round next time mike! B)

Edited by bumpstop325

Hm, i'm only about 30% through, like day 550.

I stopped playing for about a month, so maybe I should get into it again.

I am at about 36% (from memory). All in A-Spec (don't even know where to start in B Spec - haven't even looked at it though).

I have about a 73% win percentage, and have around 80 or so cars.

I have been just doing all of the manufacturer races. I am having trouble winning what should be easy races. This is the Peugeot 205 cup.

I mainly just drive the tracks in the different cars, and haven't been doing too many of the races so far.

Some of the old cars are the best fun.

Cheers

Grant

73% win percentage???

Hahaha, I restart the psx if I start losing, which is generally in a fit of rage!!!

Currently sitting on 41% complete, 405 days, 99% win percentage but haven't played it much lately as I got sidetracked with Grand Theft Auto.

Edit: Grant, i've found one of the hardest manufacturer races is the bloody vauxhall ones!

Edited by ///Carl

He guys......what about a littlebit competition.

Let's say the Nordschleife with a M3 CSL in Arcade mode. (of course with Quik Tune)

73% win percentage???

Hahaha, I restart the psx if I start losing, which is generally in a fit of rage!!!

I have yet to cheat, and still just finish the race when I am losing.

Also remember that I have never played anything like this before (and was pretty much a video game virgin before buying this).

For a long while my winning percentage was sitting at around 40%.

Cheers

Grant

Let's say the Nordschleife with a M3 CSL in Arcade mode. (of course with Quik Tune)

Good idea...take a photo as proof, although I know that I will be far from the top of the board.

Cheers

Grant

25%

and where the hell do I get a car fast enough to win the GT championship in the professional events???

I've got the merc gtr, but I'm getting kicked

25%

and where the hell do I get a car fast enough to win the GT championship in the professional events???

I've got the merc gtr, but I'm getting kicked

Get the mclaren race car :)

I find it's not having the fastest car but getting the settings right so that you don't get too much wheel spin that helps the most - oh, and you can't make any mistakes whatsoever :D

Nurburgring Nordschleife...M3 CSL...arcade mode....fastest lap with photo coming your way soon :D

Edited by ///Carl

Guest Spargo

Minolta 88C-V. Win it by doing the El capitain enduro.

about 85% thru, ~85% win ratio.

I'm getting real pissed off with the enduros. I try to enter in a car that will give me a challenge (like slower than the competition), but usless B spec pulls about 5-10 second slower laps, and when I return, I'm about 2 laps down, and I don't really wanna sit there for hours catching up. There should be a save in pits instead of B spec imo.

And the Falcon race car sounds like the real thing too :mosh:

And the Falcon race car sounds like the real thing too :mosh:

I have to admit that i'm not that impressed with the sound, sounds okay and I like the wind resistance but it could be better I wreckon...

Worst of all is the supposed 5.1 output. While the game says it's spitting out 5.1 my receiver auto selects 2CH 48kHz - I have to manually select the 5 channel setup on the receiver.

I tested the psx2 with a movie DVD and the receiver auto selected 5.1 so it's the game that isn't spitting out true 5.1 - gah!!!

Carl, what cables are you using?

Cables...

I'm running a fibreoptic connect from the psx2 to receiver...bi-wired silver cabling to my speakers and monsters to the centre and rears...don't need a sub :)

Only stupid thing with the setup is the receiver doesn't have a game input, it has DVD, TV/Sat, Video 1, 2, 3, MD and others but no PSX2 input - gahhh!!! - have to run psx2 through the TV/Sat to use the digital input as the videos don't have the option which then means that I have to run my Saturn cable TV connection through the video 1 - double gahhh!!!!

Edited by ///Carl

Good idea...take a photo as proof, although I know that I will be far from the top of the board.

Cheers

Grant

Don't worry Grant,

I'm losing here from 16 year old boys who never seen the Nurburgring :banghead:

Yes, that minolta car works perfectly

I will start a new thread specifically for the GT4 Nurburgring M3 CSL chalenge so as there isn't any post sifting to do.