Sign in to follow this  
martyyyn

WTB e34 heater tap and sword

1990 e34 with aircon and climate control.

Heater currently only works on full and when it does it only blows hot air through the drivers windscreen vent.

The sword will fix the heater only working on full and the heater tap should sort out it only blowing hot air.

Im in two minds about just ripping the sword open and resoldering all the joints but am sure when a tap is dead its dead.

Anyone have anything ?

yup you will need a replacement sword to fix the fan speed problem , and some times you can pull the heater tap top off and clean them up , normally they fault due to rubber seals stuffing out due to perrishing and corrosion, the electrical soliniods normally dont fail.

Thanks Brent,

The heater tap has now been replaced so Im only after a sword. Have been reading up how people have repaired them themselves by just re-soldering the joints.

I will give that a try on this one if I cant find another.

My E32 is constantly blowing on low speed, and wont turn off. The only other speed it will run on is full speed. I take it this is another failure mode of the sword?