Sign in to follow this  
aliluya

I just started a site

Hey guys i just started a site and is currently selling stuff. I'd like some feedbacks and opinions please.

Thanks in advance

http://www.performance-angels.com/

Hey, the more know how's, how do i get it so it's searchable in google etc?

If you want Google to find it you need to put all the tags and text into your page so the search engines/spiders can pickup the certain keywords you'd expect people to enter. If you want your page appearing at the top of the google search list you have to pay some serious dollar.

If you want Google to find it you need to put all the tags and text into your page so the search engines/spiders can pickup the certain keywords you'd expect people to enter. If you want your page appearing at the top of the google search list you have to pay some serious dollar.

example ??

yeah i know i have to pay serious dollars to be first in the search ...

First things first, use your head and do a search, on google, on how to make your site discoverable.

Old skool styles were to use the meta keywords tag and have H1 through H6 tags in your page with the keywords you want in them. You can put them into hidden sections in the page aswell so as to spam the engines.

Takes a while before you really get discovered though.

You need to remove everything on your site that flashes or moves.

Clean the site up a bit - it needs to look sleek to look professional - content is good.

Friendly advice, don't be offended.

I'm not offended at all ... don't worry .. adivces are good ... I'll put that into account and see what can be done ...

More advices would be great ...

It is our first attempt ...

Great start, Ali

Just a few things to mention, please don't be offended, because help is good IMO.

The thing G said about flashing is right. Are you aiming these products at BMW's or just cars in general?

Just a few things to clean up, maybe change the fonts a bit so the don't look cheap.

Please don't be offended, but you buy and eat with your eyes, And i know your a businessmen, so you should know that.

But you can't have things too boring either (not u just in general) i think the line between boring and professional is a bit thin but still.

:thumb: Keep it up.

Great start, Ali

Just a few things to mention, please don't be offended, because help is good IMO.

The thing G said about flashing is right. Are you aiming these products at BMW's or just cars in general?

Just a few things to clean up, maybe change the fonts a bit so the don't look cheap.

Please don't be offended, but you buy and eat with your eyes, And i know your a businessmen, so you should know that.

But you can't have things too boring either (not u just in general) i think the line between boring and professional is a bit thin but still.

:thumb: Keep it up.

I'm not one that is easily offended .. rest assured of that ...

These will be things for anyone ...

There is a section that is not completed yet that will feature all sorts of Automotive LEDs, Dash, park, Revers, interior, exterior(some).

Try to follow the KISS principle Keep It Simple Stupid!

Effective websites are basic - keep to two or three colours. Keep layout simple and use easy to read fonts. Try using sans-serif fonts Like the one used on here (Times New Roman has serfis and looks terrible on a website). Serif fonts are good for long documents or articles etc.

Your navigation is pretty good - it is easy to follow, but try to limit the use of frames if you can - it is better to have individual pages each complete with its own navigation menu etc than a navigation frame down the side - this is because frames rarely work well .

Use stylesheets if you can as these allow for faster editing and allow you to use templates for your pages to make sure everything looks the same.

Avoid using complicated or bold backgrounds - they look tacky and cheap. Use the same background for all frames to avoid a dis-jointed look.

Use more elegant looking navigation buttons - colour is very important, and "button-look" never really works.

Remove the hit counter - these are good if they are hidden so you can track visitors, but they are rarely appreciated by visitors to the site.

If you can, modify the code yourself - avoid WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML editors unless they allow you to manual code, and then preview. The auto-editors never code well.

If you don't know what a style sheet is search google for css stylesheets - they use normal HTML and you don't need to know much other than that - very similar in principle to using styles in Microsoft Word.

Look at you page layouts - they seem cluttered and disjointed.

Otherwise, not a bed first effort especially if you have never coded before. I haven't created any webpages for over two years, so I am a bit rusty, and I always used HTML and stylesheets almost exclusively because I was to lazy to learn any of the more advanced programming languages. However, I created some very effective sites this way, so it is possible without resorting to flash or php or anything else. If you can learn one or two of these, then great! If not, HTML should do almost everything you want, and their are plenty of downloadable scripts available if you know where to look.

If you want a list of some good sites and free software, yell out and I'll let you know what I used to use as I found them to be some of the best.

Effective websites are basic - keep to two or three colours.  Keep layout simple and use easy to read fonts.  Try using sans-serif fonts Like the one used on here (Times New Roman has serfis and looks terrible on a website).  Serif fonts are good for long documents or articles etc.

Your navigation is pretty good - it is easy to follow, but try to limit the use of frames if you can - it is better to have individual pages each complete with its own navigation menu etc than a navigation frame down the side - this is because frames rarely work well .

Use stylesheets if you can as these allow for faster editing and allow you to use templates for your pages to make sure everything looks the same.

Avoid using complicated or bold backgrounds - they look tacky and cheap.  Use the same background for all frames to avoid a dis-jointed look.

Use more elegant looking navigation buttons - colour is very important, and "button-look" never really works.

Remove the hit counter - these are good if they are hidden so you can track visitors, but they are rarely appreciated by visitors to the site.

If you can, modify the code yourself - avoid WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML editors unless they allow you to manual code, and then preview.  The auto-editors never code well.

If you don't know what a style sheet is search google for css stylesheets - they use normal HTML and you don't need to know much other than that - very similar in principle to using styles in Microsoft Word.

Otherwise, not a bed first effort especially if you have never coded before.  I haven't created any webpages for over two years, so I am a bit rusty, and I always used HTML and stylesheets almost exclusively because I was to lazy to learn any of the more advanced programming languages.  However, I created some very effective sites this way, so it is possible without resorting to flash or php or anything else.  If you can learn one or two of these, then great!  If not, HTML should do almost everything you want, and their are plenty of downloadable scripts available if you know where to look.

If you want a list of some good sites and free software, yell out and I'll let you know what I used to use as I found them to be some of the best.

Nice write up G!

I learned a few things off that.

I don't really think the frame between the nav and webpage is the suitable. Sorry i am not picking on you, please don't think that just helping.

Arial is a good font i think, but not like the really skinny one, in bold is:

Home

Coming Soon

D.I.Y

I use front page for making websites (havent had time to upload) I have really no idea about HTML code, i just use the what u see what u get thing.

If you need any help with designing i'll put my hand up and help no problems.

It is a nice layout though and the nav is cool. :thumb:

Edited by BMW POWER

maybe you could make the bulb application chart a bit more applicable to NZ .I havent seen many Buicks and crown Victorias lately,and 88 95 5 series use H1 bulbs not 9005 /9006.A bit more info on the bulbs would be good,too much hid hype for me!!!

Guest Andrew

It has nothing to do with dollar.. - it just picks up the on the title tags and meta tags. BMWCC and bimmersport both go to the top of google. And the computer repair company I worked for came in third on google.

I was just messing around and thought i'd make a couple of banners. Sorry not changing ur website or anything just showing u a banner.

It has nothing to do with dollar.. - it just picks up the on the title tags and meta tags. BMWCC and bimmersport both go to the top of google. And the computer repair company I worked for came in third on google.

Can you give me a little more info on that ? or point me to a site with more info ?

I'm not the knowledgable at all with that stuff ..

maybe you could make the bulb application chart a bit more applicable to NZ .I havent seen many Buicks and crown Victorias lately,and 88 95 5 series use H1 bulbs not 9005 /9006.A bit more info on the bulbs would be good,too much hid hype for me!!!

I would really like to start my own application list .. but i don't have access to enough cars to create my own chart ... however if you know of some where or someone that can help me that would be very much appreciated ....

What sort of information would you like about the bulbs ?

Are they both H1 high and low for your car ?

Whats in the E30's? the newer 5er's? i know whats in the E36 ..

also whats in the E46 non-hid ...

It would help if people with different series old/new post up their lights models inc fog's that would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance..

h1 for low high and fogs.....I presume your bulbs are the equivalent of the hella and phillips 30 and 50 plus variety???I just cant figure out how you get MORE light without increasing wattage,i guess the gas mixture can give an efficiency increase but not by 30 or 50 percent.

look up some lighting places eg hella they might have some application charts

h1 for low high and fogs.....I presume your bulbs are the equivalent of the hella and phillips 30 and 50 plus variety???I just cant figure out how you get MORE light without increasing wattage,i guess the gas mixture can give an efficiency increase but not by 30 or 50 percent.

look up some lighting places eg hella they might have some application charts

I don't fully know, but it gives better lighting than stock, i did some comparision.

I've looked on those big branded sites, but they all just seem to point me to that same American application list.

I beleive this are slightingly bluer/whiter than the philips 50 i think...

Supposedly these are about the quality of the PIAA.

Once again this is constructive, and not meant to offend. in all honesty it dosn't look professional. i wouldn't trust the site. this may just be me, but i thought it was worth bringing up.

Also, the white background makes it incredibly hard to focus and read what your selling, it hurt my eyes and i gave up and closed the window, not something you want potential customers doing

...just my 2 cents

other than that i thought it was well set out and presented, great job for a first try!

Once again this is constructive, and not meant to offend. in all honesty it dosn't look professional. i wouldn't trust the site. this may just be me, but i thought it was worth bringing up.

Also, the white background makes it incredibly hard to focus and read what your selling, it hurt my eyes and i gave up and closed the window, not something you want potential customers doing

...just my 2 cents

other than that i thought it was well set out and presented, great job for a first try!

and what is your suggestion of improvement .. ??

once again i'm hard to offend ...

Effective websites are basic - keep to two or three colours. Keep layout simple and use easy to read fonts. Try using sans-serif fonts Like the one used on here (Times New Roman has serfis and looks terrible on a website). Serif fonts are good for long documents or articles etc.

Avoid using complicated or bold backgrounds - they look tacky and cheap. Use the same background for all frames to avoid a dis-jointed look.

If you can, modify the code yourself - avoid WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML editors unless they allow you to manual code, and then preview. The auto-editors never code well.

Otherwise, not a bed first effort especially if you have never coded before. I haven't created any webpages for over two years, so I am a bit rusty, and I always used HTML and stylesheets almost exclusively because I was to lazy to learn any of the more advanced programming languages. However, I created some very effective sites this way, so it is possible without resorting to flash or php or anything else. If you can learn one or two of these, then great! If not, HTML should do almost everything you want, and their are plenty of downloadable scripts available if you know where to look.

hey whats these good sites you speak of .. please say ..

on my other pc - will try to remember to jot them down as it is not connected to teh interweb at the mo.

take bimmersport for example. It meets many of those specifications.

Please be a little more specific ..

am currently trying to update the page using bravo's suggestions ... but it's a slowish process as i'm busy most the time ..