Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Mysky hdi larger drive.

Dunno if anybody is interested in this but today I dropped a 1tb drive into my mysky box because I was getting pissed at the fact that out of the 320gb only half of that is actually available to record on the other half is reserved for ppv.

New drive works perfectly with nothing allocated to ppv and will be a hell of a lot longer now before I run out of space.

I take it you outright own the mysky box?

:ph34r: , no sorry i don't but if I ever need them to come around for anything I can always swap it back in.

I am interested but you just drop a standard SATA drive in it and it'll sort itself out?

Do I need to pre-partition or Ghost the old drive's stuff across anything like that?

No you cannot just drop one in, I used this and it copied across everything I had on my current one and initalised the new one.

Just a note that I am not trying to copy anything to backup stuff I was just getting pissed at not having much space to use especially when the missus and kids have stuff series linked all over the place.

You cannot watch stuff via you pc or anything like that either.

>>Clicky me<<

Keen to do this to mine. Is it easily done.

How to?

OT can you use an existing dvd recorder to copy or record a program with a mysky box if you want to share(ssay moto gp) with a mate?

Kids don't pay the bill.

Or children ask your parents first, I'm just interested in the "Filth" channel.

OT can you use an existing dvd recorder to copy or record a program with a mysky box if you want to share(ssay moto gp) with a mate?

someone here at work has a new sky decoder install that has a usb port and can dump recordings on to an external drive.never heard of that before but apparantly was some deal for teachers so they could record docos and take them to school

awesome stuff, I got a mysky HDi box in the start of the year when I heard F1 will be HD this year and its already filled up after a few races/qualifying. I have a ton of spare 500gb 2.5" harddrives sitting around which I been thinking of dropping into the box.

This is awesome!! did it yesterday and am stoked how easy it was.

$5 extra a month for my sky+, i don't think so.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but was reading on the copy+ forum that a recent software upgrade to the mysky HD boxes has caused the extra HDD capacity to no longer be usable.

Is this still working for any one?

Nope, i have had no issues! This might be because it has not been updated as i'm assuming it needs to be plugged into my phone or modem for this to happen.

Sweet thanks, I'll give it a go then.

Have you got the same software version as I do?

Hard - TDS850NNZ.45.2

Software - 92.2.5.7.2.14s

OS - C021017

EPG - U_1.7.1d