Sign in to follow this  
b mike w

Rust repair recomendations

hey guys wondering if anyone can help,

im looking for someone who does good quality rust repairs preferably in new plymouth but will look in to doing a road trip. im sick of crap jobs done and a few months later it just shows up again. any suggestions will be great.

thanks

There is no real cure for cancer... new panels are the only real fix

what do i do when its in the firewall and bottom corners of the footwells? i cant replace those and the people who fix it dont do a very good job.

There is such a thing as a firewall cut, but can be very costly depends how much you want to spend really.

what do i do when its in the firewall and bottom corners of the footwells? i cant replace those and the people who fix it dont do a very good job.

cut out existing infected areas, weld new plate on. thats what my panel beater did. make sure its a good job tho, like Glenn said, no real cure

you gotta be willing to be the $$$$ if you want a really good job

Rust is like cancer in some ways. In my opinion rust is a lot easier to cut out then cancer. At least you know you've cut out all the rust :) As has been said. cut it out, leave nothing behind.

I can recommend Terry's Panel Shop in New Plymouth, Looks like nothing when you go there but the guys workmanship is top stuff. I had shitloads of work done on my old ST220 Mondeo done there, I wanted it looking perfect and it did when they were finished with it.

Would go back in a heartbeat, They take alot of pride in there workmanship and do not charge the earth.

I can recommend Terry's Panel Shop in New Plymouth, Looks like nothing when you go there but the guys workmanship is top stuff. I had shitloads of work done on my old ST220 Mondeo done there, I wanted it looking perfect and it did when they were finished with it.

Would go back in a heartbeat, They take alot of pride in there workmanship and do not charge the earth.

Thanks Braeden i'll check it out

Edited by NP E30

I can reccomend terrys too,I had a cut and weld job for my last wof, they did a great job for a good price