Sign in to follow this  
scott_e30

How to make an 318i e46 sound more grunty?

Im wanting to give my 318i a more grunty sound, i was talking to a guy in the weekend and he had taken his resonator out of his cars exhaust and it made it sound a lot more grunty however his car was a 330i, i was thinking i might do that but i also got told that i might lose power by doing so?

What is the easiest way to achieve a more grunty sound from my car?

Thanks

Edited by scott_e30

Buy a grunty car.

But srsly, I'd look at my induction first. Pod + cold air box or even removing any baffles from the stock airbox will give you a better note under the bonnet.

Freeing up your exhaust could give it a more raspy note, but I've never heard a 1.8L engine sound "grunty".

Prehaps talk to Pit-Stop for some options.

A bit difficult, unless the 4 cylinder has sporty cam work and a fancy set of headers etc, otherwise it's just going to sound like any other noisy 4 cylinder going down the road, disturbing peoples serenity.

In saying that, best thing to do is get a quality muffler, not a generic thing from Trade Me, a Remus or something comparable, they will produce a reasonably deep quiet growl. However are $500-1000, but totally worth the spend, quality isn't cheap! (Woolf Mufflers stock some)

Not too bad of a sound. I don't see anymore noise than that being needed, at least it will free up the restriction if theres any made by the stock rear box.

add a large turbo i did opps my bad you cant do that cause its beemer :wacko:

Is it an automatic? If so dont touch the exhaust!

Pair of sidedraft webers.

Win.

This will make some heads turn

lol reminds me of a few years ago, I was walking home and two kids on a scooter passed me... the one sitting behind had a mini-traffic cone, and was making PSSSSSHHHHH! noises rofl