Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Zone Chip

Tane and I are ordering a couple of the E30Zone chips from Ant @ E30Zone in the UK

If you don't know anything about these look at this bimmersport thread

E30Zone chip thread

or email chips@e30zone.co.uk for an auto reply detailing the chips available.

The chips are only for E30 Motronic and what I gather versions 1.2 and 1.3 (88-91) give the best results. He needs your ECU Bosch number and engine size when ordering so that you get the correct chip for your system. He also has chips for the 2.7 engine sizes for those that have done the conversion (not looking at Grant at all).

Some additional info in regards to the "Zone 2 mild" chip is that it raises the rev limiter to 6.9k aswell as revising the fuel and ignition maps. From what I also read the "Zone 1 wild" chip sets the limiter to 7 but hits 7.2k...

Altering the map kinda pushes the powerband up a few 100 rpms, the limit is

increased from 6.4 to 6.9K, there are no reliability issues with this level

of limit, indeed a sustained 7.2K is not within the scope of an M20.

All the chips are priced @ £55 inc delivery but as is standard he will give more discount the more chips we buy.

Genuine interest only chaps.

SInce it was my original post i am interested if the discount is substaintial. Otherwise i'll wait for you 'test pilots' then order at full price, if the sh*t is cracking.

iam keen being i dont know anything regarding the ecu in my bimmer some one will have to tell me if it will work

I HAVE THE ZONE 2 CHIP IN MINE AND IT BLOODY WORKS A TREAT.

BEST PERFOMANCE MOD IVE DONE PER DOLLAR. ANT IS A REALLY GOOD GUY

TO DEAL WITH AS WELL, QUICK SERVICE AND GOOD INSTRUCTIONS TO LOL

Hey, i'm currently doing chips at my website.

I would be able to make some chips for the E30's, but i would need a copy of the original chip first, and a car to test it on, and possibly look at dynoing the car to see the performance increase.

The first guy to be able to offer me their chip and car to tune the chip can get it for free.

But you'll have to come to me, in Dunedin.

We currently do the turbo'd skyline chips. And with a dyno had an increase of 20Kw at the fly wheel. But thats for a turbo car. We are looking at getting a proper dyno done some where and putting the print out on our website, to prove the improvements.

You can get some more information about the chip at PA.

Bought and paid for and with current x rates it was only $140

Dyno day will show me the comparitive difference

cmon some sorta results please. Im considering purchasing one of these.

I tried to organise a group buy but everyone wanted someone else to be a guineapig

Results are interesting