Sign in to follow this  
b mike w

What should I do?

I have recently come across some extra money and am looking into doing an engine conversion on my E30 but wondering if its worth it. I just took it for a warrant and it only failed on a tire although theres alot of rust developing (above the loom through the firewall, under the battery tray, along the drivers door, both jack points at the front) The hole above the loom lets water in when it rains 2 so I have the carpet out of the car at the moment.

Anyway Im just wondering if it is worth me getting all the rust fixed and going ahead with the conversion or is this gonna become an ongoing problem? If it continues I may aswell get the current rust fixed and sell it with a fresh WOF and REG. Only problem is I love my car and if I did sell it I would have to buy another E30.

Your opinions would help me alot, cheers guys

Edited by NP E30

buy a mint e30, if there is money left put a new engine in it (if the new e30 needs it)

PM me and i'll come 'round and have a look at it and give you some advice as to weather it's fix-able or not.

I'm a car painter so have experience with this sort of thing.

buy a mint e30, if there is money left put a new engine in it (if the new e30 needs it)

word

get bellicose or another person to get a estimate to fix the rust. by the sounds of it, there might be some more rust somewhere else that you havent noticed yet.

do the maths, add up the money, and see if its worth selling and buying another e30 that's closer to your desired specs. its hard letting go of the e30, but the dollars tally up and might not be worth it financially in the long run

hey blair is this in New Plymouth coz I think I saw it today

Yes it is.

Edited by Help