Sign in to follow this  
APT

Ireland Engineering Braided Brake Lines

Anyone ?

They don't have the relevant standard on them as far as I can see. If they aren't stamped, or have the right tag, they don't comply as far as I know. Good price tho.

Yeah very good price thanks for that David

They don't have the relevant standard on them as far as I can see. If they aren't stamped, or have the right tag, they don't comply as far as I know. Good price tho.

So if they've got the D.O.T stamp but no tag they're still good to go over here?

Seems to be a bit of uncertainty around about this...just wanting to clear it up.

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone on here is running these :

http://store.nexternal.com/ireland/brake-h...steel-p767.aspx

Are they legal (certifiable) to use here in NZ ? they say they are DOT approved.

Cheers Fellas.

I have them on my race car and have had no problem getting VTNZ warrant with them(they just fail it on other things...)

Awhile back any steel line was legal.

Then they changed the law to only allow DOT (TUV) standard FMVSS106 lines. Or lines that had been certified locally.

recently I have heard the law on these has changed again and they don't need the standard printed?

I had to special order mine from the UK to ensure the FMVSS106 standard was on them.

Never had any WOF / certification issues.

Can anyone clarify?

Edited by M5V8

Last time I looked at the lvvta thresholds it said the lines had to be one piece (ie swaged ends, not fittings that you can assemble).

^This.

Give Mal at bygone autos a call. He's a douche, but I got a set off him for $140 a while ago.