Sign in to follow this  
Nate

Help keep me sane.

Okay...

So the boss gave me the day off tomorrow. Finally I get a chance to give the car a good service. She needs a new o2 sensor and I ordered one from Repco, the guy that I spoke with was courteous very helpful, unfortunately neither of us have a lot of experience with BMW's and the part that his computer told him I needed (that I ordered and collected today) was a shoddy, single wire generic part. Personally, I suck at stripping wires and fashioning things back together AND I'm now lead to believe I need a four wire plug anyway.

I see a lot of .coms are able to get me a proper Plug to plug sensor, but all the cars that they list for start at the 325. I have a 320i, and I'm going to assume that the extra displacement in the 325 M50 will need a different sensor(?)

So the questions are:

Where the hell do I get a sensor for a 320i 2litre M50?

OR, is a 325 the plug I want?

Where can I get one in Wellington.... At short notice....

"A dealer/service company" quoted me a Bosch part imported from germany for $575.00. I refuse to pay that sort of money for an o2 sensor, considering there are about 300,000,000 in circulation around the world.

GRRRR. :drugs:

Try a wreckers perhaps, there's bound to be smashed up cars with perfect 02 sensors in them, let your fingers do the walking