Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Possible five thirdy d purchase

Picked this up today at lunch time and have it until tomorrow, looked at a 525i that had there and it looked great in black, but I love this charcoalish colour on this 530d it has miles more grunt than the 525i They want 35k for this one, done 118kms which isn't too bad IMO - comes with 24 month warranty. Needs towbar and different wheels, the spoked M sport wheels look tough on these E60's THIS was the 525i

Decisions decisions!

post-2864-1308029212.jpg

post-2864-1308029218.jpg

post-2864-1308029224.jpg

post-2864-1308029341.jpg

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Not bad, same motor as your old X5 but prob pulls better being lighter.

Just do it!

Looks better IRL tbh though.

Edited by antil33t

Not bad, same motor as your old X5 but prob pulls better being lighter.

I can't remember what year your X5 was but isn't this 530d a twin-turbo version, over the single turbo of the X5, IIRC the X5 has a higher state of tune (but I guess you can chip the 530d?) to cover the extra bulk.

The 30d over the 25i every time for me, but then I am biased towards diesel for towing & economy. Plenty of wheels you can put on it later if you can't live with the one's it comes with.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

I'm not too much of a fan with the wheels on it, I'd love a set the same as THIS The 535d has the twin turbo unit.

Exact same engine as my old X5, but the X5 did feel alot quicker than this 530d purely because it was remapped. If this goes ahead I will be remapping it to give it the same kw and torque, then it will be a different story. I must add that it's extremely tail happy when you push in the DSC button and hold it down to turn the driver aids off, I gave up smoking about 6 years ago when I got back from Australia, but I've taken it up again it seems?1?!!?!

EDIT :

Does anyone know what those wheels are called on that 530i ??

FOUND THEM : 128 wheels

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I'm not too much of a fan with the wheels on it, I'd love a set the same as THIS The 535d has the twin turbo unit.

Exact same engine as my old X5, but the X5 did feel alot quicker than this 530d purely because it was remapped. If this goes ahead I will be remapping it to give it the same kw and torque, then it will be a different story. I must add that it's extremely tail happy when you push in the DSC button and hold it down to turn the driver aids off, I gave up smoking about 6 years ago when I got back from Australia, but I've taken it up again it seems?1?!!?!

EDIT :

Does anyone know what those wheels are called on that 530i ??

FOUND THEM : 128 wheels

Honestly, the e60 is the best looking of all the 5 series (Its funny, I HATED the e60 at launch. I admit I was wrong.) - even if it isn't quite the way you want it initially - it is good to know they dress up well.

Go for it!

Got the opportunity to drive a 535d in 6 speed manual last year. Awesome car.

I would own a diesel now after driving that car.

Reckon you should try get one with motorsport bumpers if you can.

like this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-365868606.htm

I've offered these guys 35k with a towbar on that. IMO it's a bit overpriced with that mileage - he wouldn't budge on that price, great looking car though.