Sign in to follow this  
miketonny

My First bimmer

what kind of mods could i get for this ?

Depends on how deep your pockets are ;)

sry forgot abt that, its an 2002 E39 525i M, what kind of mods could i get for this ?

Well cheap, easy DIY is black kidney grilles which I think makes it look better.

Then bigger wheels and a tune from Gavin @ HiVelocity among other things

wow nice, do you have an example of the grill like pics or suggestions? I'm quite newbie, not sure if i can DIY all these but i'm willing to learn. do i also need to change the bumpers? i dont quite like the looks of my bumpers anyways. I googled a bit , you talking about this gavin?gavin

wow nice, do you have an example of the grill like pics or suggestions? I'm quite newbie, not sure if i can DIY all these but i'm willing to learn. do i also need to change the bumpers? i dont quite like the looks of my bumpers anyways. I googled a bit , you talking about this gavin?gavin

That's the Gavin.

Posted Image

It's quite easy, there is a guide somewhere around I can try find it if you want?

That's a nice looking car mate.

There's something awesome about black E39s.....

Well cheap, easy DIY is black kidney grilles which I think makes it look better.

Then bigger wheels and a tune from Gavin @ HiVelocity among other things

What sort of difference do you think a tune would make on one of these?

Hello and welcome, a couple of easy mods, upgrade the angle eyes to LED makes them brighter than the standard one's, see photo. Fit a rear camera as the e39 does not have good visiabilty while backing IMO. If your's is fitted with the nav set up convert it over so it will function here in NZ, contact Hotwire he will be able to fill you in on what is involved.post-1581-1308517955.gif

Hello and welcome, a couple of easy mods, upgrade the angle eyes to LED makes them brighter than the standard one's, see photo. Fit a rear camera as the e39 does not have good visiabilty while backing IMO. If your's is fitted with the nav set up convert it over so it will function here in NZ, contact Hotwire he will be able to fill you in on what is involved.post-1581-1308517955.gif

Hey Mike yours is as clean as mine! What size rims are on it? Do you have any problems with the key remote?

That's the Gavin.

Posted Image

It's quite easy, there is a guide somewhere around I can try find it if you want?

yes please if thats not troubling you I'm totally new to this:) appreciate that, that photo looks awesome. did you change your bumpers too?

RhoanW I think it's 17'', only problem with the remote is it's range, had to point to the receiver under mirror and stand real close to the door.

yes please if thats not troubling you I'm totally new to this:) appreciate that, that photo looks awesome. did you change your bumpers too?

RhoanW I think it's 17'', only problem with the remote is it's range, had to point to the receiver under mirror and stand real close to the door.

Ok cool. I think mine has 18" that came on the 2005 530i, probably should upload a photo.

Ok cool. I think mine has 18" that came on the 2005 530i, probably should upload a photo.

yes please do so:) 2005 so thats new model right?