Sign in to follow this  
Adas

SOLD: 1990 E34 M5 (3.6) Alpine White II FOR SALE

1990 BMW M5 - $16,000

Number 69 of 524 RHD hand-built S38 B36 3.6 M5s ever built, this is a much cherished example of one of ///M division's finest. Imported from the UK in 1999, there have been 3 NZ owners of this Alpine White II 1990 car, with the current owner having loved this car for the last 5 years. Traveled 229k km. This vehicle is highly specified, including the following features:

• Speedo in km (an option from the factory that was deleted for UK buyers in late 1990)
  • Fixed rear console (turning the car into a sporty looking 4-seater) - an option deleted in late 1990
  • Finished in Anthracite ///M-cloth and Nappa leather bolsters
  • Genuine staggered M System II ("Throwing Star") alloys (8x17 front, 9x17 with 255/40ZR17s on the rear) – as per the Nurburgring Package on the 3.8s
  • Dual-zone climate air-conditioning
  • Power 3-way (tilt and slide) sunroof
  • Hi-fi audio ($2k+) - Alpine CDA-9887 head unit (amazing unit with time-correct technology) with iPod hard-wired controller (full normal iPod control from head unit, with remote), Infinity component speakers in front (with their own dedicated amplifier) and twin subwoofers in the boot (with their own dedicated amplifier)
  • Illuminated gear knob
  • Steering wheel upgraded to three-spoke steering wheel from E46 M3 and face lifted E39 M5 (which required a steering column upgrade to accommodate! But really lifts the interior and enhances the driving experience, IMHO an ESSENTIAL upgrade)
  • Short-shifter kit (reduces the throw on the gear-shift, again, an essential upgrade for an enhanced driving experience)
  • Power front seats, headlight washers
  • All other standard M5 features

Maintained by Ross at BM Workshop in Botany for the last 5 years, no expense spared, with all genuine M5 parts used (Ross available to field queries on the car from genuine, serious buyers). Extensive receipts available - $20k+ worth - including (but not limited to) the following work:

• Brakes (disks and pads)
  • Steering box
  • Valve-clearances and shims
  • Tie-rod assemblies, thrust arms, bushes, and other ancillary suspension components
  • Clutch slave cylinder
  • Fuel pump
  • Recent new battery
  • Alternator
  • Air-conditioning completely overhauled (replacement condenser, heater matrix, etc.)
  • Both rear shocks replaced over the last 5 years with genuine M5 self-leveling shocks
  • Mid and rear exhaust sections replaced with genuine M5 parts (<100k km ago)

This car has travelled 229k km from new, but as you can see, it has been maintained to the highest standards by a truly passionate M5 enthusiast (the only reason for this extremely reluctant sale is that I have recently acquired another M5 and as much as I would love to retain this classic M5 it is not practical). I truly believe that given the age and mileage, under my care this vehicle (as a daily-driver) has been maintained as one of the best examples of the E34 M5 in the country.

Priced to sell, only genuine enquiries please as I am not looking to quickly offload - I will retain this vehicle under cover as a collectible if necessary. Phone Adas on 0275 820048. Will also be listing on TradeMe shortly, but wanted to test the waters with fellow BM enthusiasts first before I (reluctantly!) put it out there in the wild with the greater unwashed! :rolleyes:

post-2654-1308892944.jpg

post-2654-1308893050.jpg

post-2654-1308893084.jpg

post-2654-1308893115.jpg

post-2654-1308893171.jpg

post-2654-1308893202.jpg

post-2654-1308893247.jpg

post-2654-1308893288.jpg

post-2654-1308893317.jpg

post-2654-1308893335.jpg

post-2654-1308893365.jpg

post-2654-1308893383.jpg

post-2654-1308893407.jpg

post-2654-1308893426.jpg

post-2654-1308893466.jpg

Edited by Adas

Hi guys,

This is my buddy's car and as you can see it is a splendid example of a very special M5 - the E34.

I hope this car goes to a good home as it has been the owner's pride and enjoy over the last five years. Despite being a daily driver, it has been maintained impeccably- a testament to the owner's fanaticism.

Bob Harper, BMW Car (UK) magazine's editor has recently acquired his second E34 M5. Even though he has driven the best by BMW M over the years, he states that the E34 M5 is one of the best.

For those of you who have always aspired to own of these cars, here is your opportunity to buy one of the best in NZ and striking in white.

Hi guys,

This is my buddy's car and as you can see it is a splendid example of a very special M5 - the E34.

I hope this car goes to a good home as it has been the owner's pride and enjoy over the last five years. Despite being a daily driver, it has been maintained impeccably- a testament to the owner's fanaticism.

Bob Harper, BMW Car (UK) magazine's editor has recently acquired his second E34 M5. Even though he has driven the best by BMW M over the years, he states that the E34 M5 is one of the best.

For those of you who have always aspired to own of these cars, here is your opportunity to buy one of the best in NZ and striking in white.

I can only support these comments - this is a superb M5. I still miss mine - good luck with the sale Adas. Cheers Bruce

BTW - Has there been a get-together like this before in NZ (where you have a E34 M5, E39 M5, and a E60 M5) all in one place??

Pretty sure this us the car I've seen at Titirangi GC? Lovely looking car.

Yep, that's the car- one of three in NZ in white (that we know of ).

Edited by ssbmw

Fantastic motor. Good luck with sale.

I was just thinking the same thing!

Beautiful car.

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. It is a truly loved car. And have amended mileage - I put in 250k, whereas the car has traveled 229k. Apologies for the error!

Yep, it is SOLD. Thanks to everyone for your interest, it has gone to some good friends, so therefore a goog home, an outcome I'm really happy about.

Nice work Adas.

Now bring your e39 m5 out to the Hampton track day on the 24th ... Its a good relaxed day you can do at your own pace.

Nice work Adas.

Now bring your e39 m5 out to the Hampton track day on the 24th ... Its a good relaxed day you can do at your own pace.

Ha ha, nice one Josh. Maybe I should...I hate the idea of tracking cars (oh, the wear and tear, the potential damage, the cost, won't somebody think of the children! LOL!) But it would be an opportunity to get a few power-slides in without the constabulary getting all worked up I suppose...:)

Believe me, tracking would be the last thing Adas would do to his cars! Then again, I don't think I'm too fond of doing it too! Unless I had a car designated for the track, and I don't.