Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

downgraded to a new low

ok so funding a holiday thats coming up fast ive sold my e38 740i. and bought of all things a mondeo

1997 st24 2.5 v6 manual. nice leather recaros and sport suspension

cost all of $700

ok so funding a holiday thats coming up fast ive sold my e38 740i. and bought of all things a mondeo

1997 st24 2.5 v6 manual. nice leather recaros and sport suspension

cost all of $700

I wouldnt call that a low. I want one.

ive never liked mondeos

mainly as despite being a good drivers car the parts are stupid expensive

it has a little misfire under load and the leads retail for $460 for a set, absolute best deal i can get is $170 through bnt

as a high point of entertainment i just watched my flatmate spend a good few mins trying to move the mondeo to get his car out of the driveway, i had to tell him about the lifting lock on the gearstick to get reverse

heres a pic from the drive home yesterday at sunrise

Posted Image

ok so ford seems to have put 5 amp wiring on a 10 amp circuit and hence none of the park lights work

also i spilt water on the passenger seat and now the smell of an ashtray is emanating quite strongly.

i am going to attempt to replace the plugs tomorrow and check over the leads, im sick of driving a 5 cylinder, i want 6. if you dont hear from me ive probably set the car on fire and thrown myself off a cliff

So how did it go?

... if you dont hear from me ive probably set the car on fire and thrown myself off a cliff

:P

coming from a ford mechanic.... have fun with your new car, you will be fixing it lots. :)

i didnt set the car on fire

i just really want too

replaced the plugs which wasnt to bad actually, runs alot better, still a little miss when dead cold so could do with new leads i think but i cant be bothered

You should have just bought my MR2 :P

+1, Friend of mine has a Mondeo, everything that needed repairing cost $$$ more than my Toyota Curren, aircon, locks, clutch, and the bumpers apparently cannot be repaired/plastic welded, need full replacement at about $1200 each. A mechanic in the UK saw one scrapped as repairs cost more than what it was worth... :o