Sign in to follow this  
cytamen

fs: clutch kit & flywheel to suit m52

I'm sure these should be able to fit.

Starter is the same, pilot bearing is the same, release bearing is the same, clutch fork is the same, slave cylinder was the same up till 99 and the other will still fit, master cylinder is the same, 323's came out with the 240mm flywheel and clutch stuff up till the end of 95. They used the same gearbox up untill 97

edit: should also say the getrag 250 was still used on the later e36's. Only problem could be that the newer getrags didn't allow for 240mm gear. This i doubt though

Edited by bbs

I'm sure these should be able to fit.

Starter is the same, pilot bearing is the same, release bearing is the same, clutch fork is the same, slave cylinder was the same up till 99 and the other will still fit, master cylinder is the same, 323's came out with the 240mm flywheel and clutch stuff up till the end of 95. They used the same gearbox up untill 97

edit: should also say the getrag 250 was still used on the later e36's. Only problem could be that the newer getrags didn't allow for 240mm gear. This i doubt though

Jerry Clayton tried to fit it, but found that the flywheel's teeth didnt match up to the starter motor?

The part number they gave me that I need is a 228mm flywheel while the one I have on trademe is 240mm.\

And my 323 is a 1997 (manufacture date Sept 1996) and has a Getrag 250.

Edited by cytamen

Can the pull the ring gear off your old and put it onto the new?

Or get a starter gear (or whole starter) that will mesh with the 240mm flywheel

Otherwise good luck with the sale

i dont believe them , go down there and match the 2 flywheels back to back and see if the teeth numbers etc are the same.

i dont believe them , go down there and match the 2 flywheels back to back and see if the teeth numbers etc are the same.

Sold now anyway, they told me that the flywheel I already had in my car mysteriously broke when they removed the transmission and that the one provided didnt match up. Oh well! Sold now anyway and I'll probably be ordering a brand new one cause I can't be bothered with it all anymore. Spent way to many hours trying to source all this crap >_<

I'll send you mine on monday.

New is a really really expensive. http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...;FILTER_BMWM=ON i'd hate to think what bmw will charge for it.

It's cheaper (and better in my opinion) to go for an aftermarket one

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts...html?3593=70943

Not too bad if you look around.

Think Luk is OEM brand or maybe OES. Fairly sure they do the OEM flywheel for the M3.