Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

Red bull

Loving the dominance,good to see another team have a decent turn at the top. All that money at ferarri too?

Never rated webber at all and still undecided about vettel but love to see hamilton struggle,those british commentators are so biased towards him its sickening.

Enjoying the season immensely,no race is over till the bitter end,pirellis have made such a difference to the race in general

Loving the dominance,good to see another team have a decent turn at the top. All that money at ferarri too?

Never rated webber at all and still undecided about vettel but love to see hamilton struggle,those british commentators are so biased towards him its sickening.

Enjoying the season immensely,no race is over till the bitter end,pirellis have made such a difference to the race in general

Vettel looks like a fun person but Hamilton and Button have just been given the best car when they succeed. Button was useless before Brawn hit the jack pot and Hamilton was put in the best car from the get go.

Bring on a wet Silverstone without pathetic wet flags. Bring on the Schu we all saw in Canada!!!

Vettel looks like a fun person but Hamilton and Button have just been given the best car when they succeed. Button was useless before Brawn hit the jack pot and Hamilton was put in the best car from the get go.

Bring on a wet Silverstone without pathetic wet flags. Bring on the Schu we all saw in Canada!!!

I thought silverstone was axed a few years ago???

I thought silverstone was axed a few years ago???

It was looking like that, because facilities and track needed to be upgraded and they were hoping Brands hatch would be accepted by the FIA but it wasn't, so for the UK too keep a race they had too upgrade silverstone.

Vettel will be driving a Ferrari within the next 2-3 years...guaranteed!

It was looking like that, because facilities and track needed to be upgraded and they were hoping Brands hatch would be accepted by the FIA but it wasn't, so for the UK too keep a race they had too upgrade silverstone.

The race was actually given to Donnington Park, (not Brands), and it was supposed to be run there this year. However, the consortium behind Donnington couldn't get all the money it needed to get the track up to standard, so it went back to Silverstone. There is no problem with the track and the facilities, this issue is between Bernie Ecclestone's huge ego and the BRDC who own Silverstone. It did lead to a change in the track and the addition of some extra buildings which is no bad thing, although I did prefer it when Silverstone was just a flat-out speed ring with one chicane.

I don't like to see any one driver or Team dominate to the extent that Red Bull are at the moment, the more cars and drivers who are in contention and scrapping it out, the better. Fingers crossed Webber has used up all his bad luck and can put some pressure on Vettel for a change.

Really? I thought they missed silverstone out the last couple of years? Brands Hatch would be a neat circuit to race on!

Really? I thought they missed silverstone out the last couple of years?

Yup, the decision was made a couple of seasons back, so while the race was still held at Silverstone last year (or possibly the year before) was supposed to be the last British GP at Silverstone. This was supposed to give Donnington time to get the track ready, but they failed to get it done.

Brands Hatch would be a neat circuit to race on!

Agree 100%, Brands was my local track in the UK and is a great circuit, however, it would need lots of work to get it up to current F1 standards, plus there are lots of NIMBYs that live around the circuit and don't want racing there - just like Western Springs.

I would love to see Brands back on the F1 circuit, but it will take a huge amount of work and money to make it happen, that was partyl why Donnington was the winning British GP bid. Luckily Silverstone managed to get things resolved with Bernie in time (with help from the government) otherwise there would have been no GP in th UK!

The race was actually given to Donnington Park, (not Brands)

I don't like to see any one driver or Team dominate to the extent that Red Bull are at the moment, the more cars and drivers who are in contention and scrapping it out, the better. Fingers crossed Webber has used up all his bad luck and can put some pressure on Vettel for a change.

Close ;) I remember reading it a while back but not knowing exactly what the reasons behind it were.

If Red bull keep dominating this year i'm sure the FIA will pull a rule change to slow them down, like they did in 03 and 04!

Yup, the decision was made a couple of seasons back, so while the race was still held at Silverstone last year (or possibly the year before) was supposed to be the last British GP at Silverstone. This was supposed to give Donnington time to get the track ready, but they failed to get it done.

Agree 100%, Brands was my local track in the UK and is a great circuit, however, it would need lots of work to get it up to current F1 standards, plus there are lots of NIMBYs that live around the circuit and don't want racing there - just like Western Springs.

I would love to see Brands back on the F1 circuit, but it will take a huge amount of work and money to make it happen, that was partyl why Donnington was the winning British GP bid. Luckily Silverstone managed to get things resolved with Bernie in time (with help from the government) otherwise there would have been no GP in th UK!

That would have been great having a local track like that! Wierd how people choose to live near a track and don't want racing to take place on it???

I got to see a number of great events there over the years, did a few meetings as a marshall and managed to drive quite a few laps as well.

The really annoying thing is that the race track was there before the houses around it, why buy a house next to a race track and then moan about the noise?? The rules and controls got ridiculous in the end, just so the rich people in the big houses didn't have to listen to the noise of race cars at the end of their garden, absolute joke!

Ridiculous!

^the tort of nuisance's biggest flaw...

As with button i wouldn't say it was purely down to the mac car. (im sure even shue would be crap in teams such as Honda and BAR.) I believe he is a very skilled driver, and on par with the other front runners for years but has just never had that competative edge from a performing car. However i would not go as far as to say he is anything super compared to hamilton, vettle, etc...

Edited by -Oli-

The really annoying thing is that the race track was there before the houses around it, why buy a house next to a race track and then moan about the noise?? The rules and controls got ridiculous in the end, just so the rich people in the big houses didn't have to listen to the noise of race cars at the end of their garden, absolute joke!

Yup - Just like Western Springs - as you said, & for that matter - Eden Park:-

Houses may well have been there at the same time (some even before) as those facilties but you can bet your bottom $ that 99% of their occupants haven't. Bloody winging muppets! I have no sympathy for them.

I live about 200m away from the Kihikihi speedway track & although not really interested in speedway as such - I/we, & neigbours couldn't give a rats about the occasional noise created. Its called people having fun - shame them! :wacko:

They just changed a rule to try slow a few teams down but didnt stop red bull...

And about Ferrari having all the money... Iv been watching all the races this year and all of the big teams say money isnt a problem its Time, They just dont have the time for testing very part they make.

I am loving the racing and cant wait untll F1 2011 the game comes out =D