Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Switched islands & switched MX5's

Well, I lasted 8 months living in the the North Island before I got fed up with the warm weather and lack of earthquakes, so I decided to come back to Christchurch. Sold the girlfriend's MX5 before we left and she was sad, so I bought her another one this week. Got a chance to detail it today and take it for a spin.... (I secretly take it for drives cos it's awesome).

Old green one...

Posted Image

New red one...

post-2031-1310286022.jpg

post-2031-1310286039.jpg

post-2031-1310286050.jpg

post-2031-1310286064.jpg

post-2031-1310286078.jpg

Got it for a bargain price... really low k's, new roof, always garaged and paint is really tidy for a red one.

Still on the hunt for another BMW... have a company car at the moment, so will take my time and wait for the perfect example to turn up. In the meantime I'll take this for a Sunday blat every so often.

They are actually quite fun to drive admittedly. Looks good, you're lucky with this one, all red MX5s, well actually all red Mazdas i've seen look shocking, multi coloured reds.

^Yeah, paint is amazing. It's obviously never been left out in the sun as there is minimal fading.

When I took it out to take the photos I was wearing a beanie and hoodie, the top was down, The Rock blaring on the stereo, tearing around the neigbourhood in 2nd... must've looked like I just nicked it haha! :D Lots of fun.

^Yeah, paint is amazing. It's obviously never been left out in the sun as there is minimal fading.

When I took it out to take the photos I was wearing a beanie and hoodie, the top was down, The Rock blaring on the stereo, tearing around the neigbourhood in 2nd... must've looked like I just nicked it haha! :D Lots of fun.

Nicely done