Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Time to boost... my brakes.

Hey guys,

I've been away from the scene for a while, went on holiday for 2 months and have had the car parked in the garage for a while now. Turned the key the other day and the itch is back so got her serviced and am now looking to finish off a few more bits on the old girl.

I'm sick and tired of getting a leg work out every time I take her for a drive so I think it's about time I install a brake booster so city driving is not so much of a pain.

I know there are a range of options here but I'm looking for a cost effective method. Seeing as the M60 has been literally shoe horned into the E30 engine bay there is not much room at all...

Still doing a little research but was hoping you guys in the know could point me in the right direction. I've seen a few similar conversions with the ABS unit re-located to make room for the brake booster. There is always the option of a pedal box but I think this will be way outside my budget.

According to my mechanic, he seems to think that a remote booster hidden in the guard or something might do the trick.

What do you guys think?

got so excited when I saw this on my phone, saw "Time to boost" was like OMFG YES PLZ! then I read the thread haha

got so excited when I saw this on my phone, saw "Time to boost" was like OMFG YES PLZ! then I read the thread haha

Hehe, kinda the desired effect :P

or you could try the e34 v8 brake system with the hydrolic boosted brake system , very slim unit .

post-279-1310535026.jpg

post-279-1310537463.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i