Sign in to follow this  
cytamen

Used Oil Analysis

So 6 weeks ago I was looking around bobistheoilguy forums and remembered how UOA (used oil analysis) is very popular in the states. After searching for a New Zealand company that offers this kind of service, I found none.

So I went to the main company that is used over there (Blackstone Labs), and their site offers a free testing kit that is posted to you in the mail, and you send it back and pay $25USD to have your oil analysed. I figured I'd try request a kit and see if they'll send it here, and they did!

So when I get my car back from the mechanic I'm going to take an oil sample, send it off and in another month or so I should get a report that looks something like this:

Posted Image

Handy as it also tells you if there is coolant in the oil amongst other things.

Would be good to get some comparisons with other M52 engines.

Link if anybody is interested in a free kit

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/free-test-kits.php

Pretty sure you can get it done in NZ. Had it done numerous times and dont think we ever had to send it to the USA. But I cannot remember the name of place. If you call transdiesel they might be able to put you on to someone who does it.

Yeah I would expect there is someone in NZ as well. If Transdiesel don't know who does it, I would try other heavy equipment maintenance (like Stevenson's or Gough, Gough & Hamer).

Good stuff.

I've always wanted to get my oil tested, but have not been sure where to take it.

Not so interested in testing my M50s but I would like to find out about my V8s oil condition once the first change is due after 5,000kms of driving it.

I think it would be worthwhile just for interests sake.