Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Europlate

Germanplates.com

Like $80. Beware if you have zeros coz they are differnt, (no strike through)

yes that is what the D is.

Where's your sensitivity?

Those ones look different.

post-8-1116392175.jpg

Edited by m325i

I got me some too. They do look good and 'fill the gap'.

Is the D for Deuthschland???

Nice spelling :) Deutschland

But anyway, those plates look mint.. shame that i can't get any for the car... It has a zero in it. <_<

I've got a Europlate, but i've got the legit one from LTSA ..hah ..

Now i wonder how many of those are on here .... most seems to be from other countries ..

matt, i will have to talk to you this weekend. ok?

i will sort something out for you.

someone, has just been to mac deeees

Edited by bumpstop325

Guest Andrew

camera flash

camera flash
Yep, my front one looks funny - check out the headlights too :blink:

i,m thinking of getting some of these, the prices

are in US dollars eh?

cher

I sent them a email regarding black Europlates, this is their response.

Good afternoon Ali

Thank you for your email dated 28 May 2005.

You must use the official registration number plates issued when you register your vehicle.  The responsibility is on you to display the official plates in the proper way and although alternatives are common, they are in fact illegal.  By definition they are not ‘registration plates’ at all and anyone who uses them risks prosecution.

Transport (Vehicle Registration and Licensing) Notice 1995: Section 2. Form of registration plates (other than personalised registration plates or trade plates)—

(1) This clause applies to a registration plate other than a personalised registration plate or trade plate.

(2) The distinguishing marks on a registration plate shall be—

(a) Embossed, and coloured aluminium on a black background; or

(B) Embossed, and coloured black against a reflective background consisting of white retro-reflective sheeting,—

and the base material of a registration plate shall be aluminium.

Transport (Vehicle and Driver Registration and Licensing) Act 1986: Section 17. Unauthorised, deceptive, or obscured registration plates or unauthorised licence—

Every person commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $500 who-

(a) Uses any motor vehicle on which the appropriate registration plate or plates or licence is not displayed in the manner prescribed by the Minister under section 14 of this Act; or

(B) Uses any vehicle on which is displayed any object or design that is intended to cause, or reasonably likely to cause, any person to believe that there is displayed on the vehicle the appropriate registration plate or plates or licence prescribed by the Minister under section 14 of this Act; or

(d) Uses any motor vehicle while any registration plate or licence affixed to the motor vehicle in accordance with this Part of this Act is in any way obscured, or is rendered or allowed to become not easily distinguishable, whether by night or by day; or

(e) Uses any motor vehicle which has affixed to it any registration plate or licence which is not authorised by or under this Act to be affixed to that vehicle or any other item which in either case is likely to be mistaken for any authorised registration plate or licence;

Registration plates issued for a motor vehicle shall be displayed as follows:

(a) In the case of a motor vehicle other than a motor vehicle of any kinds specified in paragraph (B) of this clause, one plate shall be displayed on the front of the vehicle and one plate shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle, and both plates shall be in an upright position and so displayed that every letter, figure, and distinguishing mark on the plate is easily visible.

I hope that this clarifies the situation for you.

Kind regards

Denise Macpherson

Senior Customer Service Representative

Transport Registry Centre

Land Transport New Zealand

Ashley Street

PALMERSTON NORTH

Good stuff aliluya...

Seem that the Euro plate with a "D" and german fonts are legal by this definition

so does the white on black ones.... (I guess it has to be, otherwise they will have to remade those old plates for those 30 year old cars.)

But according to that email, anything not made by NZ IS ILLEGAL ...

but i'm tempeted to just get the black plates and see what happens .. haha ... by their definition it does seem legal tho ...

Anything not from LTSA or Personalised plates is illegal.

Anything not from LTSA or Personalised plates is illegal.

That's Duopoly (Monopoly with 2 players)!!!

Unfair economics~!

Limiting consumers choice~~!!

anyway, I believe the stance of the police (who are actually the one that will catch you on the road) is that you cannot be trying to hide it or prevent it from being seen/read/photographed, it should be fine. Imagine trucks and 4WD having a NZ plate but full of dirt, dust and cr*p and compare that of a perfectly legible with non-NZ font. Who are they (LTSA) trying to kid??

I think, to summarise, they are technically illegal. But with the number of those on the road and didn't get busted (not to mention about those Porsche and Fazza with number stickers as a "plate"), we should be able to get away with it.

Agree anyone?

who cares, euro plates are over-rated anyway, don't get them at all if you a)don't wanna pay the price or B) don't want to run the risk of being snapped with a non-legit euro plate.

my van plates rule, the fornt one doesnt reflect very well at all due to a small concoction of mine :D

Yeah I agree, I just had a cop in the car park at work (we had a car broken into) and he looked at my car (being the most modified in the car park) and he didn't say anything.

I've had mine for almost 6 weeks and haven't had any troubles with it. I personally think it's easier to read than the Kiwi ones as it's bolder font. I do carry my normal plates in the boot just in case though.

I also had a Police car follow me through town in the weekend and I didn't get pulled over for it. If I did have any trouble I would reference how it does fit the bill size and colour wise.

I already have the proper Europlates ..i'm just wanting to get the Black euro plates ....

I already have the proper Europlates ..i'm just wanting to get the Black euro plates ....

You said "proper", you mean the ones with NZ flag, a silver fern and NZ font??

(aka. Personalised Plates rip-offs)

Black plates?

Just go get it then~ I've seen a few e46 on the street got them.

You said "proper", you mean the ones with NZ flag, a silver fern and NZ font??

(aka. Personalised Plates rip-offs)

Black plates?

Just go get it then~ I've seen a few e46 on the street got them.

"Proper " as in I feel better because I paid 4.5 times too much :lol: