Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

Trackday wish list

As a result of Sundays track day I would now like to buy a BMW M car as the Audi S3 wasn't quite enough around the track. That and I REALLY MISS being in a BMW!!

If you have an E46 M3, M coupe or any other quality M car please get in touch!

haha! Swap for my listing plus a ps2 with 4 games, a drum set and a box of lego?

Forget the french cars. This is a BMW forum and Dylan specifically said:

"I REALLY MISS being in a BMW!!"

Easy Sammy, not in the 60k league... Far from it!

haha thats not a proper 1 series M sport =P

I dub thee the north island Clinton, :lol:.

I saw in the other thread its current S3 - which chip, and is it a good tune? What was it like to drive at the track (I realise not an M3, but was it bad?).

<--- Reason for questions - budget S3.

Edited by CamB

Forget the french cars. This is a BMW forum and Dylan specifically said:

"I REALLY MISS being in a BMW!!"

Easy Sammy, not in the 60k league... Far from it!

Cam - get this: Visit My Website

seems you missed a few important points Heath :P

pipe dream... eye on the prize... wishlist... the goal... final destination...

take you pick...

I saw in the other thread its current S3 - which chip, and is it a good tune? What was it like to drive at the track (I realise not an M3, but was it bad?).

understeer sucks

Dylan, go for a dedicated track car like a e36 m3 3.2. lighten it and chuck some slicks on = most fun with your pants on.

I dub thee the north island Clinton, :lol:.

LOL Who is Clinton? He must be a pretty good dude haha. The S3 was great mate. I have always thought S3s are fantastic value for money, much like Im sure your R is. Veeery tail happy on the track esp in the wet and lots of four wheel power drifts out of the corners. It is a pretty forgiving car if your on your game but it will punish you if you are sloppy - makes for a fun track day car but is very heavy. M3 is a whole different beastie - more poise, better chassis response and bags more power. Both great cars though.

I honestly dont know if I have the space for store a race car at the moment Josh - that might have to wait for a year or so. I dont have a huge complex about putting my daily around the track nice and gently ;-)

Good suggestions too Heath, cheers :)

Edited by Dylan M3

understeer sucks

I'm not sure it understeers that much. See Dylan's reply above, and I'd say that while mine does, its not terrible (haven't been on the track yet though). The car's ... effective, if not particularly engaging, and its heavy for what it is (same weight as an E36 M3).

Dylan - Clinton's the Dunedin dwelling X5 loving serial car buyer and seller currently known as "The Diesel Guy". He's a good dude. But he can't hang onto a car for very long!

Edited by CamB