Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Tyre sizing questions

Need to know the best tyre fitment for 16x7 et20 wheels on my e36 wagon.

The 225/50/r16s are rubbing to f**k atm. Also keeping in mind ill be lowering the car by 2" next month.

OE fitment on E30's is 195/65/14 so a 205/50/16 will be the correct upsize to use. You could also use a 195/55/16 but it is slightly taller (12mm). The 195 is the narrowest you are legally allowed to run on a 7" rim.

Edited: because I can't read properly........... What Brent said below :)

Edited by zenetti

its a e36 wagon.

225/50-16 is the correct e36 tyre size but you have the wrong offset wheels , try going to 205/55-16" or rolling the gaurds etc

Try putting wheels with the correct offset on it so it drives properly rather than f**king about to cover up a fundamental error

I dont see how this answers my question.

Edited by *Glenn*

its a e36 wagon.

225/50-16 is the correct e36 tyre size but you have the wrong offset wheels , try going to 205/55-16" or rolling the gaurds etc

Cheers brent. Believe it or not i actually wanted this offset. Getting new tires, hub rings today, will roll if needed. You could fit et10 on the rear with little modification.

Also you dnt know of a spare or two of these alloys lying rnd do you? Think i spoke to you bout a set a few months ago.

Cheers brent. Believe it or not i actually wanted this offset. Getting new tires, hub rings today, will roll if needed. You could fit et10 on the rear with little modification.

Also you dnt know of a spare or two of these alloys lying rnd do you? Think i spoke to you bout a set a few months ago.

what type of wheels are they

pictures??

Success!

Got a brand new set of rubber frm Mag n Tyre direct yesterday.

RoTaLLa 205/55/16's, they fit perfectly and will require no guard rolling unless i lower, which i dont think il be doing any time soon.

Will chuck some pics up this arvo.

Brent: they're BBS 509's is20 16x7

Quite correct:

It does not answer your question.

It adresses the problem and yes you may want the offset but that does not make it right.

Im failing to see your point. The wheels and treads are well within the guards, the suspension is functioning like bmw intended it to. Also i used a wheel made by bbs for 7 series bmws, so im not compromising the strength of the wheels. The track has increased by 50mm, so now my car is alot nicer to handle in the bends.

If u dont like that then thats your opinion, mine is your a twat. But that doesnt mean im right.

From experence of running 16x8 AC Type 1's with 225/50/16 with rolled guards I tend to agree with 3 pedals. The car suffered badly from bump steer and hard braking downhill would require two firm hands on the steering wheel to counter weaving. I've only recently relised how bad this was since changing car.

A recent trip to Auckland in the e36 I released how much of the time was spent guarding the tracking of the front wheels in corners and on road chamber. I now have a car that shares much of the e36 suspension yet the handling is night and day dispite harder springs / wider wheels and tires. The car holds true on corners and moves less on road camber than the wifes e36 328i. This is due no doubt to the correct geomerty being run