Sign in to follow this  
Surge

Impressed with the dealer! (parts supply)

Just commenting on how easy and affordable it's been lately sourcing difficult parts direct from the dealer. I ended up getting some shift linkages for a very good price (especially given the difficulty in finding some in the country and the endless phone calls to other parts suppliers..)

Today for comparison I went to autobend to get some exhaust studs (40mm - nothing special..) - $6.50 from them, .82cents each from the dealer ex-Auckland overnight. Crazy difference really.

While I appreciate that some parts will inevitably be much more worth while sourcing from the wreckers, locally a lot of the wreckers no longer carry e30 parts so I'm increasingly finding myself on the phone to the dealer first, before I hunt around elsewhere!

Just wondering what parts anyone on here has brought from BMW that they have been surprised with in terms of price, ease of supply etc...

I do find little parts like screw, bolts, clips, etc.. very affordable at dealer. And they guarantee to be the right spec for where you want it to fit.

Havent had much luck lately at the dealer.

E30 head light adjuster bushings $6~ each..

E30 head light adjusters $60~ each..

Not having common parts in stock such as E36 CAB in stock and have to order in.

$60 for E36 spigot bearing... bought one from saeco for $20 (still rip off but whatever)

Needed to get E36 handbrake shoes the other day also.. $240 at repco. $120 at BMW. $50 at BNT lol...

I was pleasantly surprised when i started at JG at the fact we carry so many clips, trims, special screws etc etc, anything we needed we just go to the clip draw for instance an get it. Very handy. Even radiator caps, thermostats, water pumps are all in stock usualy.